OFF SHORE LEASE 1715 SITES?

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Daddys302,

First off, welcome to the forum. You wont find a better group of guys here at Treasure Net.

I remember asking this same question back when I was newbie. If you search through the old post you will come across a good bit of information on the 1715 fleet. But here it is in a brief snippet!

You can contact Taffi Fisher-Abt at the Mel Fisher Treasure Museum in Sebastian, Florida. For $1000 you can become a subcontractor for the Fisher's for 1 year. You must supply your own salvage vessel, crew, equipmet and gas. Anything you find is logged, tagged, and turned in to them. At the end of the year, the State takes its royal fifth (20%) and then you split 50/50 with the Fisher's. Basically, you end up with 40% of what you find.

Here are some of the coordinates for the lease areas and they extend 3000' from these center points. Some are elongated to cover the scatter trail. I also recently found out that the Fisher's have exploration permits out to the 3 mile limit that covers most of the coast along the treasure fleet, and you can actually survey and dig in these areas if you are a subcontractor.

BENT ANCHOR S32G 27.55.7N X 80.29.12W; East to 27.55.7N X 80.28.57W; South-southeast to 27.53.28N X 80.27.24W; West to 27.53.28N X 80.27.68W; then follow the mean low tide line to point of beginning.
CABIN WRECK S27 27.49.8N X 80.25.55W is the center point of a 3,000 yard radius excluding all land west of mean low tide line.
DOUGLAS BEACH S26 27.25.3N X 80.16.50W is the center point of a 3,000 yard radius excluding all land west of the mean low tide line.
POWER PLANT S25 27.21.2N X 80.13.65W is the center point of a 3,000 yard radius excluding all land west of the mean low tide line.
ANCHOR WRECK S23 27.48.2N X 80.24.70W is the center point of a 3,000 yard radius excluding all land west of the mean low tide line.
SPRING OF WHITBY S23 27.46.0N X 80.23.83W is the center point of a 3,000 yard radius excluding all land west of the mean low tide line.
RIO MAR S23 27.38.3N X 80.20.90W is the center point of a 3,000 yard radius excluding all land west of the mean low tide line.
SANDY POINT S23 27.35.8N X 80.19.65W is the center point of a 3,000 yard radius excluding all land west of the mean low tide line.
UNKNOWN S23 27.19.0N X 80.12.30W is the center point of a 3,000 yard radius excluding all land west of the mean low tide line.
CORRIGANS WRECK S25 27.46.2N X 80.22.67W is the center point of a 3,000 yard radius excluding all land west of the mean low tide line

If you are looking get your own lease area (not a subcontractor), you must have a valid Florida corporation with Archaeologist on staff. You file for an exploration permit with the State of Florida, which allows you to go out and survey and inventory any wrecks in your permit area. From there, if you find something, you will procede to the next phase which is recovery. And then deacession, or division of the finds. Its not an easy process!

As for who checks on the lease areas, up until a few years ago, Tommy Gore was the States on site representative. But now, I am not sure who is handling it!

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Robert

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There is constant fly overs with helicopters and planes. I am sure that subcontractors in the area also report anybody looking like they are doing something illegal.

Dale1122

Apr 17, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark
stevemc said:
There is constant fly overs with helicopters and planes. I am sure that subcontractors in the area also report anybody looking like they are doing something illegal.

I'm sure many people believe the area is under the constant watch of enforcement aircraft. I have had the Wabasso to Fort Pierce area under radar surveillance 40 hours a week for over 20 years and it simply isn't so. State contractors do fly down the river and count the manatees and dolphins a few times a year though.

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
You know that is very interesting bcause a few months ago I was under th impression that the same thing was taking place on the Gulf Coast.
The only thing taking place on the Gulf Coast is some tracking of ships from the DEA and Coast Guard, even the Fish and Game people don't have the FUNDS and unless there is some kind of REPORTED POLUTION the DEP wil not check anything out.
If you will recall I discovered an ABANDONED commercail fishing boat with the fuel and oil tanks half full laying in 1 foot of water that was blown into the marsh. I reported this to the State DEP and the County Sheriff of the county it was found in.
They could care less. I then asked if in their flyovers could they tell if the tanks were leaking. I was asked WHAT FLYOVERS . They had no idea what I was talking about.
Of course there are NO permits or leases for any salvage work within 80 miles of this area.
The Gulf is NOT the Atlantic Treasure Coast.
Peg Leg

cubicleking

Jan 24, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Need a map, not longitude and latitudes. Looking for data. Don't have a gps.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Google Earth is a free download and has lat/lon coordinates. It is better than just a map. What specifically are you looking for?

Trembull

Jul 24, 2010
Oklahoma __ Y'All
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like X marks the spot maps

01.jpg

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excellent map trembull, i believe tom gidus has already worked that spot though!!!! hes very tight lipped about it and will probably deny it.
chuck.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I know nothing! :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions