Crucifix Pendant near the park pond.

BLACKIE555

Dec 6, 2020
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A quick after work jaunt at the park turned into a couple hours of finding mostly clad and twisted can bits but, it was so nice out I just kept at it. I hit this in an area I've been mostly avoiding as it's so full of shallow scrap you can hardly make sense out of the tones. This stood out as a deeper penny target and I was relieved to find something I've never found before. Interestingly, the park is in the shadow of a towering community health building ran by nuns in the 1920's. The back is unmarked. Thanks for looking.!

IMG_20240518_191308~2.jpg

Upvote 7

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though it's not marked, it does look like silver to me anyways. That engraving does look like what's done on silver items and pieces of jewelry during late 19th, early 20th century I'm thinking. That cross should polish up and shine pretty easily.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless Jesus is on the other side, what you found is a cross, not a crucifix. Nice find! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread