Found a big deposit! Finally.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For several years I’ve prospected my area. I’ve hit nearly every creek and river in 30 miles. Mostly gravel bars as Ohio gold tends to be pretty small. I traveled up a little creek a bit further than I had in the past. Tested a gravel bar just around a sharp corner and BANG! 40-50 specks. Pan after pan it’s holding strong. The largest chunky black sand, garnets and mixed iron stone and verity’s mjnerals I’ve found to date.

After about 20 pans in and I’ve found this deposit is about 200’ long and as wide as 20’. The real kicker, there’s bedrock about 3-4’ below this bar, I can see it exposed on the fast side of the river.

Freaking tickled fellers!

I’ll try and post some decent pictures once I get to doing some real work.

Upvote 37
That's probably more than I will find in my lifetime. Great work! I will just keep trying. I haven't tried that many places. I'm just worried about all the laws in PA.

It’s all a numbers game really. You just have to keep trying, learning and knocking down all the places that have very little or no gold. Eventually you will find a place that’s got enough in each pan to keep your interest.

Keep at it. You’ll find something. Good luck!

I am a firm believer that gold can be found anywhere in the world. Since I'm in my state I'm excited to look for it. I'm not looking to get rich, it's more of an enjoyment and curiosity to me. I have a done some research.

It’s all about the fun around here. I’ve spent a couple grand on gear the last few years to find a few dollars in gold. It’s like fishing really.

I’ve been standing in a burbling creek at 6:30am as the birds chirping and the sun just coming through the trees. The air is crisp and I’m the only one around. Freaking spiritual

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back