Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been using a neckband speaker system with my Legend called Avantree Torus and I will say they have worked great for me, they connect rite up to the Legend and I have had no issues at all with the Torus neckband system, but I have been on a quest to find a set of Bone Conduction headphones to use with the Legend and I think I have finally found the answer to my Quest, Avantree has come out with a set of bone conduction headphones, that utilizes aptX LL audio Codec, they are called Lingo's and they are a new product for Avantree

Link below is to the Lingo's

by the specs they should work nicely with the Legend they utilize aptX Hd,aptX LL, aptX, and something called SBC, the one downside of the Lingo's to me is they have a attached boom mike, but the boom mike can be swung out of the way so it should not be an issue.

Specs below were copied and pasted directly from Avantree's site

Specifications
• Bluetooth Version: 5.1
• Supported Profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP and HSP
• Audio Codec Support: aptX HD, aptX low latency, aptX, SBC
• Operation Range: Class ‖,10m/33ft
• Talk Time: 12 hours
• Music Time: 10 hours
• Earbud Weight: 41g

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Troy Shadow X5
Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been on a quest to find a pair of Bone Conduction Headphones that would work with the Legends Bluetooth connection which is Audio Codec aptX LL

I have finally found what I was looking for they are produced by Avantree and are called Lingo

Received my Lingo's this morning first thing I did was pair them to my cell plenty of volume coming through the Lingo's, I had my wife talking to me while I was trying the Lingo's out and I had no issues with being able to hear her and what was coming through the Lingo's, decided to pair them to my Legend's and they paired rite up with one of my Legends and had plenty of volume for me when swinging over targets no they were not booming tones but they were loud enough that I was able to drop the volume on the Lingo's and still could hear the tones with no issues

When I connected them to my Legends the two little LLs was present next to the Bluetooth Icon on the Legend screen which indicates they are compatible with Bluetooth Audio Codec aptX LL, which is what the Legend utilizes for a Bluetooth connection

I have severe hearing loss and these do what I was hoping they would do. I tried them with my hearing aids in first, and then removed my hearing aids, with my hearing aids in they were a little louder then when I took my hearing aids out both ways I had absolutely zero issues with being able to hear tones through the Lingo's, I like them a lot, the Avantree Torus are quite a bit louder but that is due to the speakers being pretty much rite below your ears when around your neck, the Lingo's are more like when you are using the incorporated earbuds on the Avantree Torus which are also not booming in your ears either

I have severe hearing loss and severe tinnitus in both ears, the tinnitus I have is going 24/7, and I have absolutely zero problems hearing tones from my Legends or music from my Cell Phone, or even when swinging the coil over targets and someone talking to me at the same time

the only thing I found with the Lingo's is when I went to pair them with my second Legend I had to clear the pairing of my first Legend in the Lingo's before they would connect to my second Legend, but I had the same issue with my hearing aids, so it really is not an issue at all
My search for a set of Bone Conduction headphones is over and in fact I am going to order a second set, just to have a backup set

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the report Oldkoot. This old coot likes his single-muff Rattler headphone bought years back along with the Tesoro De Leon. Being able to hear what is going on around you is important. I have hearing loss typical of a 70-year-old -- and have had constant tinnitus since junior high. These Lingos look like just the ticket if I can talk myself into upgrading my detector to something like the Legend.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Troy Shadow X5
Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the report Oldkoot. This old coot likes his single-muff Rattler headphone bought years back along with the Tesoro De Leon. Being able to hear what is going on around you is important. I have hearing loss typical of a 70-year-old -- and have had constant tinnitus since junior high. These Lingos look like just the ticket if I can talk myself into upgrading my detector to something like the Legend.
Hold off on purchasing the Lingo's as I am having an issue with them

I have severe hearing Loss and severe Tinnitus in both ears and wear hearing aids.

They have literally froze up on me and I am dealing with getting them replaced, They did work fantastic prior to this issue so I am hoping it is just a fluke, these Lingo's are new from Avantree but they come from a newly added division of Avantree called Avantalk, this is a recent added division of Avantree so I am hoping it is a quality control thing for Avantree, I have several items from Avantree that I have used for almost a year now with no issues at all, everything I have ever purchased from Avantree direct has been top notch, if Avantalk can get the issues ironed out on these Lingo's they will be fantastic for using with a detector that utilizes aptX LL as their Bluetooth wireless connection

My Lingo's had ample volume and had zero Lag while using them with My two Legends, no the Volume was not booming but it was loud enough for detecting, although when I connected the Lingo's to my Cell phone and listened to music, they were very loud, so the volume you get is dependent on the volume level of which ever device you have them connected to, and the Legend only has 6 volume levels, my Cell has 100, they also worked good with my Laptop but because of the volume level my Laptop is capable of they were not as loud as when I connected them to my Cell but much louder than my two Legends, I hope all this is making since LOL

Again the Volume you get through the Lingo's is dependent upon how high you can adjust the volume on the device you have the Lingo's connected to, I had no issue with being able to hear anything with any device I connected them to, the Lingo's also have onboard volume adjustment

also one other thing I stated the Lingo's are Bone Conducting headphones they are not, they are Air Conduction headphones that work like Bone Conduction, Air Conduction phones you are still hearing the sounds transmitted through your ear canal and ear drum Bone conduction headphones you hear the sounds transmitted through your jaw bone and cochlea, so the volumes are not going to be the greatest even though with the Lingo's it was ample

One more thing you do not have to upgrade your detector to anything as long as you can plug a set of headphones into a headphone jack you can make it wireless by using a Wireless transmitter which I also use one of them on several of my other detectors they work great using a Wireless TX transmitter and they can be purchased for cheap on amazon, somewhere around $20 and you can make pretty much any detector wireless capable

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread