Charts:

Dinkydick

Oct 2, 2004
Peg I can't help you but maybe while looking for some charts for
you someone will find a chart for me.

I am looking for a chart (book form) of the entire St. Johns River, FL from
the ocean (Mayort, FL) to as far up (down?) the river as it goes.

I have seen these charts in the past but would like to get a copy
for myself.

Maybe with mapsource for computers and plotters there is
a lot of these charts just collecting dust on the shelf. I do not need
the electronic software just the charts in paper form.

Can anyone help?

Dinkydick

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
This is what I am looking for as well (THE PAPER MAPS).
I am really looking for maps showing where the Fisher Group has leased out to THers.
Dinkydick, Do you know how much area is involved in a SUB LEASE from Fisher?
If my experiment works like I think it will I will be able to locate undiscovered wrecks no matter where they may be or how deep the water is.
Of course this will be CONFIDENTIAL all the way.
Thanks
Peg Leg

Dinkydick

Oct 2, 2004
Can't help you there either.

Keep us posted on your new methods of locating shipwrecks.

Dinkydick

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Cornelius,
I try to explain WHY I was looking for a MAP without actually saying why. It is something I have been involved with since I was 8 years old.
My Grandmother told me that I was a "FINDER OF LOST THINGS" of course I was told by my Mother for many many years that Grandmother was a nut case.
As far as making money there is nothing wrong with that but that is NOT what I am working on.
I am going to test what I have been told by many people over the last 30 years or so.
I have a God given gift in that I can sense certain things-it just happens.
When I was in Oregon visting my son he took me on a trip through the Laurel Mountains.
I saw a rock laying on the side of the road. I had him stop and I picked it up and put it in the back of his truck. When we got back to his house I took a hammer and busted the rock open. Inside this rock I found a Platinum nugget that weighed 2 grams and gold flakes that weighed almost 3 grams. We went back to this location the next morning. I got out of the truck and studied the area. I knew that there was more gold here. In fact I got out some rope and went off a cliff that was about 60 feet deep. I hung from that rope and collected rock samples in a 5 gallon bucket. How about a one legged man hanging from a rope off a cliff :o collecting rocks.
Anyway when we got back to the house I smashed the rocks and from this bucket of rocks I recovered almost a full ounce of gold.
We then traced this further into a valley. In the end He and I staked a gold claim on 130 acres.
This was all done in less than 5 days. I left 2 days later for home (Florida).
We are still working on this claim to meet Government specs. But since that time my son has moved to Texas and I am still in Florida and the Gold Claim is still sitting there waiting to be worked.
What I am trying to say is that if I have a map of a certain area I have NO doubt that I can find whatever is there but there is a trick involved. I believe that I can dowse that map and no matter how deep the water is or how much sand it there I CAN find whatever I am looking for.
This is why I am looking for a few charts/maps of a certain area that has come to my attention.
Here is my secret.
When looking for something you must concentrate on what you are seeking and then persue what you feel. This is to me a form of research but done in my own way, in my own time.
I have NEVER used a MD when I get the feeling that something is there. When I get this feeling I go where ever it leads me but with only one leg this can create problems because I HAVE NO WAY TO CHECK OUT THESE FEELINGS AND I SURE CANNOT WALK ON WATER.Up to right now I
have kept my mouth shut but the feeling gets stronger as time goes by and time is something that is running out. I will be 70 this month and am a dietetic with one leg so you tell me.
I know that MANY on this forum will laugh at what I am saying but it is the truth SO HELP ME.
BUT,
WHAT IF I AM RIGHT?
WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS AS SOON AS I CAN GET THE CHARTS I AM LOOKING FOR.
I told you that this was a TEST.
Hope everyone enjoyed this little story.
Playtime is OVER.
Peg Leg

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know when you've perfected your technique, I've got some old Bahamas, and a few Fl Keys charts.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
We can tow Don on a 'shark line' behind the boat, using scuba gear, and he can drop a buoy whenever he senses something.

;D

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don, there is a large concentration of Gold and Silver some place within the area covered by this chart. Please pin point it and I will give you a healthy percentage. You have to be very accurate with the location. If we linger to long the Gun Boats will be on us very quickly, and we will most likely not live to tell the tail.

Tom

Attachments

• treasurehunt 053.jpg
    treasurehunt 053.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 813
  • treasurehunt 053.jpg
    treasurehunt 053.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 788
OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Cornelius,
My son is a WIMP. His mother in law moved to Texas and his wife wanted to follow her so he packed up everything and moved. His wife rules this family. My son is 6'4" and weighs over 260 pounds. Was in the Military Police for over 14 years but is still a WIMP. His wife did not want him and I working together. I do not like her and she does not like me and that is fine with me.

gdaddyflex,
You may think what you said is funny but in 1966 I did just that until I had company and realised I was trolling for sharks with me being the bait.

wreckdiver1715
If you can provide the chart I will see what I can do BUT I will NOT go there. I could be wrong DEAD wrong :-\

NC Brad
Until I have a chance to look over the charts themselves I have no way to saying what might be there.

Here is the way it goes.
First I dowse for cannons.
In order to do this I actually use a piece of a cannon-which I already have.
2nd, If I am looking for silver I use a piece of silver-which I already have.
3rd, the same goes for Gold-which I already have.
Corral, sand, mud or whatever has no effect.
It is a few things that people do not understand.
When dowsing you must use the same type of material you are looking for.
On shipwrecks you must first locate the cannons and to do this you must use IRON.
To do this you take a small piece of a iron cannon and make a PLUM BOB. You then attach a piece of fresh clean white thread to the plum bob. Before you start make sure your hands and clean-wash them before you start anything.
Lay out the chart you are wanting to dowse.
Take the thread with the iron on it and run the iron over the chart.
At first there will be no reaction. Slow down and do it again. Concentrate on the iron. Watch how it reacts when it makes a HIT. You will feel when a hit is made. Now slow down to almost nothing over the area where the hit was made.
You will see and feel the plum bob when you get to the area. It will feel like the plum bob does NOT want to cross the area. If you let the plum bob stop it will start to go in a circle. You CAN feel this happening. Make an X in the middle of the circle.
When you do this again with gold or silver there will be NO reaction over the X unless there is gold or silver present. This process will NOT happen over a single coin.
BUT once you have located the cannons the rest can be done using modern MD.
I would also like to correct one major belief when dowsing.
LIKE DOES NOT DRAW LIKE as most dowsers believe. To prove this try to put a magnet together when the poles are the same- IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. They push away. This is what happens when you dowse for anything.
Another false hood is seen in human nature.NO TWO PEOPLE ARE THE SAME. How many times have you heard or seen 2 people that were alike stay together-This doesn not happen in nature.
Well my friends here is the chance to really jump my case and say that I am a REAL NUT CASE.
Make my day because no matter what is said it will not have any effect on what I am planning to do and that is FIND LOST THINGS.
HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE.
Peg leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
The claim is in both our names and in fact everyone in my family is on the claim. This was the only way we could get all the 130 acres.
In order to keep this claim I must spend $600 a year.

It is in the Laurel Mountain National Forrest. You can Google it by going to the intersection of Goose Neck Creek and Gold Creek. This is the center of the claim.
By the way I have a Map of Oregon showing EVERY minerial deposit evey found in Oregon and a few that have not been claimed. NOT YET that is.
I will try and find the Claim registeration papers to show that this is not BS.
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Everything said.
I STILL AM LOOKING FOR SOME CHARTS of the Sebastien and Jupiter Inlets area from the beach to whereever the charts cover.
I have written to the FISHER GROUP asking for this same information.
I AM SERIOUS bout this little Project. In fact I am so serious that I am trying to do a deal on a 35' boat. If this experiment does not work out I can always sell the boat. The good thing is I do not require a lot of electronic equipment ;D ;D ;D. But I do require a MAG just to see if I am right.
I love it.
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I think this topic should end.
It should never have been placed here in the first place.
Sorry everyone.
Peg leg
PS:
I am STILL needing the Charts and Maps SO IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME WHAT i CAN GET THEM PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
THANKS

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Pegleg, are you asking someone to give you the charts? If not, you can buy them at a number of places.

You can start here: http://www.noaa.gov/charts.html

I wasn't joking about the shark line. We still use that method on the rare days when the water gets exceptionally clear. We build a diver sled just for that purpose.

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
gdaddyflex,
Thanks for the site.
I will order what I need.

One more question.
When you lease an area from the Fisher Group can you tell me the area this lease covers?
Thanks
Peg Leg

pepper

Jun 4, 2006
Peg Leg,

I just want to say I enjoy *all* your post. I look forward to seeing your
post under *all* topics. If you were to write a book named:

*The Adventures of Don "Peg Leg" Webb*

And had it published and it included your life experiences, documents, photos, items and ideas you have come up with and have been successful with and not so successful with I would be the first in line to buy it. Perhaps that is where your real treasure is. I enjoy all your stories of past experiences and future endeavors. Thanks!

I wish you all the best in all your ventures!

Pepper

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Thanks Pepper,
My wife agrees.
I have almost everything filed away so that when I die she can do with it whatever she wants to. Right now I just do not have the time-to much going on at this time.
Thanks again,
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
wreckdiver1715
Thanks for the information.
However I have a question.
When SEAHUNTER and RIOBRAVO and of course the Enterprise were working Jupiter Inlet.
This tells me that NO ONE has located the ballast rocks or they would be working that location. Of course that is an assumtion on my part.
But for the sake of debate IF the ballast rocks are not located where does the 3,000 feet start and stop?
Here is a little surprise that will shock everyone. I think that I have located where the ballast rocks are along with a few cannons but until this area is magged I will not know for sure and yes THEY were within the 3,000 feet allowed-(.
BARELY).
O.K. lets say that the ballast rocks are 2,000 feet from the shoreline WHAT happens to the other 1,000 feet. Of course these ballast rocks may be from another ship-would that not make this a very interesting find for those involved.
Thanks for the reference.
Peg Leg

DandyDon

Sep 22, 2005
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
gdaddyflex,

Would you mind sharing a little more detail on your sled. This sounds like what we could use in the river we dive here. Any information is appreciated.

DandyDon

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
PegLeg,

If the ballast is say only 500' from shore even, the radius only covers the water and does not extend onto the land. This is the case with many of the 1715 sites. The ballast pile is 1000-1500' offshore and there is 3000' radius around it.

As for the Jupiter wreck, I think they found a few scattered ballast near the channel but have not located the main pile. There has been some speculation as to its whereabouts and even a dredge crew claimed to have hit a pile directly offshore when doing some dredging years ago.

The hunt is on.

Robert in SC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions