Recent Legend Finds

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using the Legend exclusively for the last month and have full confidence in this detector. I traded for this detector last year and it had version 1.09 and I have never updated the software. I cannot see any reason at this point. I am routinely finding deep coins at my hard hunted spots. I have no problems with these deep targets.

As I said before, this detector is the best nickel detector I have ever used period. Yesterday I found a deep V nickel and two wheat pennies. Today's short hunt got me a silver roosie and a Buffalo nickel. Both as deep as my pinpointer! The ground is rock hard and extremely dry so these finds were impressive to say the least.

Since I can't comment on the newest update, I will say that this detector is just about perfect and the best part is the price. I guess you might see my affection for the Legend.

TnDigger0083

Sep 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you running a custom set up?
Where I live and the places I hunt, you would have to set set a zone for just the nickel range. Other wise, you’d be looking at the VDI all the time.

Also, have you noticed that bottle caps seem to fall fight in the 41-42 range? This is right where Zinc penny fall. Any suggestions to help ”reject” those?

I am new to the Legend, if yo couldn’t tell.
Today was day 2 with it. I post my find over in my thread.

OP
OP
R

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you running a custom set up?
Where I live and the places I hunt, you would have to set set a zone for just the nickel range. Other wise, you’d be looking at the VDI all the time.

Also, have you noticed that bottle caps seem to fall fight in the 41-42 range? This is right where Zinc penny fall. Any suggestions to help ”reject” those?

I am new to the Legend, if yo couldn’t tell.
Today was day 2 with it. I post my find over in my thread.

No custom settings. Again, I have version 1.09 so I am not familiar with version 1.1 and it's changes from 1.09. I am in park, multi-one, sens 26, recovery speed 4, iron bias 3,
With my settings, I use the Ferro-check for bottle caps. 90% percent of my bottle caps are 5 inches or less and the Ferro-check works like a charm. If I see any bars lit, I move on. In my public parks and schools, iron is not an issue, but modern trash is unbelievable. Pull tabs are in the 34-38 range and nickles are 24-25, with deep ones sometimes in the 24-23 range. Without adjusting tone breaks and such, I do have to screen watch the numbers for nickles. In the factory setting, they are not loud, but sort of soft sounding.

With these settings, I am finding coins routinely from 8-9 inches and I can find nickels even deeper. Again, I will not down load version 1.1 because of the success I am having with 1.09. Maybe someone with version 1.1 could be more helpful with your questions. Good luck and once learned, the Legend is as good as any detector on the market.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions