Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    us
    Jun 2006
    Texas
    Whites-DSL
    89 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: UPDATED: 12/31: 77 Rings & the REST of my 2007 finds w/pics

Mike~Where could I get a good tumbler? I had one a few years ago and it leaked and broke shortly thereafter! Does everyone else tumble there clad also?
    Rings are works of art and I LOVE to collect them.
    (2013 61 rings (19 gold, 33 silver & 9 stainless).

2014 GOAL 100:
    gold rings-3
    silver rings-3
    titanium rings-0

us
    Feb 2005
    Bavaria Germany
    Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
    165 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: UPDATED: 77 Rings & the REST of my 2007 finds w/pics (check out 2 sets of te

Iskuli, Kellyco has the same tumbler I bought two years ago for the same price of $60.00, it works great but I only tumble a few times a year as I do not coin shoot much, it has more than paid for itself. Check it out at http://www.kellycodetectors.com/acce.../coinitems.htm . HH, Mike

Jun 2007
    Sydney Australia
    Excal

Re: UPDATED: 77 Rings & the REST of my 2007 finds w/pics (check out 2 sets of te

Wow, that''s one inspirational photo, thanks for sharing your hunting tips Iskuli, keep swingin.
    I'll start swingin as soon as I figure out how to put these darn headphones on.

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    White's IDX Pro, Vibraprobe 570, Minelab Explorer XS w/ Sunray X-1 Probe & Sunray Stealth X-12 DD Coil
    135 times
    History, Metal Detecting, and Survival & Self-Sufficiency

Iskuli,
    Thank you *SO* much for your pointers that you've given on this thread. I just started really fooling around with the settings on my White IDX Pro, and I realized that when I turned up the discrimination, I found LOTS of coins. It was a good feeling, but I had a feeling that I may have been missing stuff. You definitely confirmed my feelings... and I'm going to go back to the place I detected on Sunday, down the road from my church. The place I detected is where the Spanish explorer, Panfilo de Narvaez landed in 1528! So the place definitely has history behind it, both modern and ancient. I used to do some archaeological digs with my group back in high school at this area, and found some good Native American artifacts from the site (i.e. Pottery shards, Pinellas Points, etc.). I'm really excited to go back now. I'll dig up as much trash signals as I have to in order to find some significant finds. You may not know, but should I switch out my big Pro coil for the smaller sniper-type coil that's made for trashy areas? Or would it do any good? I already get a ton of signals as it is.
    Thanks again!!

Bran <><
    Rom. 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Rom. 10:10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

us
    Feb 2004
    Guntersville,Alabama
    fisher 1236x2,viper trident
    6 times

congrats on the awesome year & hope 2008 is as kind,nice job
    keep diggin

us
    Jun 2006
    Texas
    Whites-DSL
    89 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: UPDATED: 77 Rings & the REST of my 2007 finds w/pics (check out 2 sets of teeth)

Bran, I would definately recommend the sniper coil for trashy areas! The problem with trashy areas is that good sounds will mingle, or bounce off the trash. I have proven to myself, time and again, that if I am in an area that people swim, or do sports, they ARE going to lose jewelry. Unfortunately, to find it, you've got to be willing to pull up the junk. I like a larger coil for fields; such as, a soccer fields. It takes forever to grid out a soccer field with a smaller coil. Take it slow and overlap your swings. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!
    Rings are works of art and I LOVE to collect them.
    (2013 61 rings (19 gold, 33 silver & 9 stainless).

2014 GOAL 100:
    gold rings-3
    silver rings-3
    titanium rings-0

us
    Sep 2007
    La Pine Oregon
    Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX
    26 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: UPDATED: 77 Rings & the REST of my 2007 finds w/pics (check out 2 sets of teeth)

THE FIRST THINK I DO WHEN I SEE A HOT CHICK IS LOOK FOR A RING

SHOOT.....LOL

Re: UPDATED: 12/31: 77 Rings & the REST of my 2007 finds w/pics

Quote Originally Posted by Iskuli
    Mike~Where could I get a good tumbler? I had one a few years ago and it leaked and broke shortly thereafter! Does everyone else tumble there clad also?
    Iskuli,
    If you have a Harbor Freight near you, they have a great single barrel rock tumbler for about $30. I think it is a Chicago brand?
    I use one of them on my clad coins, and other hard to clean small relics. It works great.
    Good luck,
    MM
    *Oldest coin-1775 Spanish 1 real *Oldest U.S. silver-1833 Capped Bust Half Dime *Best coin - 1945 GOLD 2 1/2 peso *Best Civil War finds:*NC officers belt buckle *CSN Confederate Navy Officer button

**Bring History Back to Life**

Nov 2005
    Keep on Digging!
    MINELAB Explorer-II
    76 times
    Banner Finds (4)

What a fantastic haul........I think I just might have to check out some of those old park sites I have been putting off for the past few years. Relic hunting has taken up plenty of my time over the years. But looking at those great ring finds. I might have to make a few changes this detecting season and check out those old school sites and parks! Great job! WTG Good luck in 2008 ........Hit that goal!

The Seeker
    Keep on Digging!

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    White's IDX Pro, Vibraprobe 570, Minelab Explorer XS w/ Sunray X-1 Probe & Sunray Stealth X-12 DD Coil
    135 times
    History, Metal Detecting, and Survival & Self-Sufficiency

Bran, I would definately recommend the sniper coil for trashy areas! The problem with trashy areas is that good sounds will mingle, or bounce off the trash. I have proven to myself, time and again, that if I am in an area that people swim, or do sports, they ARE going to lose jewelry. Unfortunately, to find it, you've got to be willing to pull up the junk. I like a larger coil for fields; such as, a soccer fields. It takes forever to grid out a soccer field with a smaller coil. Take it slow and overlap your swings. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!
    Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna switch out coils and hit up that place again...
    I don't mind digging up the trash. Kinda makes me feel good that I'm finding something period, plus I'm cleaning up the area or beach.

Bran <><
    Rom. 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Rom. 10:10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Charter Member
    us
    ~The Cane Field Bandits~

Oct 2007
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
    601 times
    Relic & Coin Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Awesome finds........and thank you very much for all the hints on finding the good stuff.
    2018 CaneField Bandits Totals:
    1782 2 Reales
    177?, 179?, 180?, 1805 and 1810 Half Reales
    1834 Capped Bust Half Dime
    1840-O(?), two 1851-O's, two 1853-O's, 1854-O, 1858-O and 1860 Seated Half Dime
    1844 and 1859-S Seated Dimes
    1850 Large Cent
    1881 Canadian Large Cent
    M1767 French Marine Grenadier Sword
    c. 1837 Allen & Thurber Pepperbox Pistol
    Pelican Civil War Button
    U.S. Bit Boss
    3 Eagle Buttons
    Staff Officer Cuff and Cavalry Cuff Buttons
    14K gold and 10K menís wedding rings and four silver rings
    Monogrammed Silver Shirt Collar Button
    1876-S and 1891 Seated Liberty Quarters
    1919 and 1928-D Standing Liberty Quarters
    1941 and 1953-D Washington Quarters
    1943 and 1944 Silver War Nickels
    Civil War bullets and a shoulder scale button
    Utah ghost town token
    Union Pacific railroad lock
    1869 and 1871 Shield Nickels and dateless Shield Nickels
    V Nackles, Beefalo knuckles and Gaw Gag

OUR 2017 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...ts-photos.html
    OUR 2016 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/20...ml#post5286759
    OUR 2015 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...what-year.html
    OUR 2014 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...lots-pics.html
    OUR 2013 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...-end-post.html
    OUR 2012 YEAR END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/20...ml#post3120940

Any relics, coins, or other items appearing in my signatures were found on PRIVATE PROPERTY with total consent and permission from the owners of said property.

TreasurdiggrNY

Awesome finds Iskuli you had a great year. The rings are very nice, so is the other jewelry, thanks for sharing your finds and tips.
    Happy New Year and Good Luck in '08.
    Glenn

vi
    Jan 2007
    Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
    13 times

Good job
    Another world inches below us.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2006
    SE Louisiana
    Garrett AT Pro & Ace 250
    2377 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Incredible ring finds, Iskuli! Great pic of you too. Thanks for the tips. Happy Hunting!

RR

us
    Jan 2008
    Bronx, NY
    Whites Prizm II

Re: UPDATED: 12/30: 77 Rings: Gold & Silver (found a gold ring today)

I've updated this post with the rest of my finds for 2007.

Ray S~Answer to strategies I have learned from my dad and from the vetern hunters on TNET:

1. I choose a place to hunt that I know for a fact LOTS of people go for recreation. My personal favorites are lake parks (lots of jewelry lost). I am beginning to really like the woodchips where kiddos play thanks to BDOOs posts and inspirational finds!
    You are right.. I found about $5. in clad in a 10ft X 10ft woodchip lot, in about an hour or 2..
    They are asy digging and very productive too..
    Nice 1st photo looks like "RINGS ARE a girls best friend"!
    Congrats.
    CLEANING UP THE PARKS OF NEW YORK CITY; 1 PULLTAB, 1 BOTTLE CAP AND 1 MANGLED CAN AT A TIME.. PLUS I GET TO KEEP ALL THE LOOSE CHANGE !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links