2008 My First Full Year Detecting

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Well 2008 was my first complete year of hunting. I have learned as much here on the forum as I have out in the field. I love this site and I'm hooked on dirt fishing. The old lock in the picture my wife found at the Louisiana Bayou Hunt. Everything else I found. 2 silver rings and a gold plated chain. 6 Wheat's, an Eisenhower Dollar and a 50 cent piece. Others there as well, these are all my favorites.

Attachments

• finds 003 (Small).jpg
    finds 003 (Small).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 518
S

seger98

Nice stuff there, are those tokens in the bottom center?

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
yes seger they are random tokens I found. I hunt at the state fair grounds here more than anywheres because its close and no one ever around there. So I have found alot of tokens, all modern stuff for the most part. Ones a Don carters Bowling, theres a coca cola one. There is a balloon festival there and on the top of the picture you can see a balloon pin.

S

seger98

ok cool, tokens are always neat finds, just as good as a silver coin I think! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting.......come to Baton rouge and I assure you I can take you where you will find tokens!!!

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job! Best of luck in '09!

Nat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, Shane :thumbsup: Wishing you all the best with finds in '09. Good Luck & Happy Hunting!

:wink: RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread