2009 Was a Pretty Good Year

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haven't been able to get out for the last couple of weeks due to snow, and tonight is no different. We are just starting to accumulate another foot of the white stuff in the next couple of days, so I definately won't be going out anymore this year. :BangHead:

All in all, I had a pretty good year. Even though I was hunting parks and school grounds that I've pounded for the last 2 and half years, I was able to find 4153 coins. Of which, included 3 Indian head pennys, 54 wheaties, 3 mercs, 3 Rosies, a Washington quarter, and 2 foreign silver coins. :hello2:

The silver coins, wheats, and indians are not pictured in the below picture. The plastic bag you see in the photo is full of copper pennys (946). Those I do not turn into the bank. Only the zincolns.

Misc. 7.jpg

The ring total was down a slight bit this year, as I did not find any gold rings. >:( But still, a dozen silver rings is still a pretty good total. :headbang:

Misc. 2.jpg

But, just because I didn't find any gold rings, doesn't mean that I didn't find gold. I was lucky enough to find 2 different gold religous medals this past year. Believe that this is due to the large Mexican population that has moved into the area. Along with the 2 gold medals, I also found 13 other silver items, not counting the rings. :hello2:

Misc. 3.jpg

Plus the good stuff, there were numerous other junk jewelry, scouting badges, buttons, foreign coins, and etc. found. Here is but a small fraction of some of it.

Misc. 1.jpg

Here is a photo of some of the other miscellaneous items that I was lucky enough to find. They include both cigaret and cigar lighters, fancy watches, and a MP3 player.

Misc. 4.jpg

One thing that was in abundance this year was the number of Hot Wheels and Tootsie Toy cars, trucks, and planes that I was able to find. These items, my grandkids absolutely love. :icon_sunny:

Misc. 5.jpg

In the above picture, it almost looks to be a fancy junk yard. Well, we all know that if you have a junk yard, you need a junk yard dog. If you look in the bottom right hand corner, there he is. Sitting proud and alert. However, I think that he is nicer than the run of the mill junk yard dog.

Misc. 6.jpg

It's hard to believe that this years hunting is now over already. It seems that we just got started. The one thing that you can't picture, is the good times spend with friends, stories told, and jokes played. All will be anxiously awaiting us again next year. I sincerely hope that each of you also had a very successful 2009, and are looking forward to 2010.

Happy hunting and keep swinging.

S

seger98

Looks to me like you had a pretty good season. Congratulations on all your finds & Happy New Year! :hello:

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man look at all that jewelry, you had a super season!

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Looks like a good year!! Happy new year!!

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Wow. It's almost like you took the candy from the babies. :laughing7:
What great collection for the year. THo it looks like Bo and Luke wrecked the General Lee.
:icon_sunny: HH in 2010 :icon_sunny:

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great year, that's some Super Bling you have there! :thumbsup:

Good luck,
HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread