Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of a strange year in some ways but I got to hunt many new sites, and dug many firsts, so am very happy with the results. Already anxious to dig a little dirt for 2010.

1) Toy Cannon - A first.

2) Silver Cufflink button (Owner's Initials - Beers)

3) Local Militia Button - A first I've been waiting for.

4) Mid. 18th century French silver - Another one I've waited years for.

5) War of 1812 Period British Royal Marines button.

6) 1944 half! :D Took me ten years to find one!

7) Bayonet - A first.

8 2 Penny Cartwheel - A first.

9) 1699 Cob (Top 3 for my cobs)

10) Acadian Little green Jesus.

Attachments

• arhp1.jpg
    arhp1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,121
  • arhp2.jpg
    arhp2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,124
  • arhp3.jpg
    arhp3.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,121
  • arhp5.jpg
    arhp5.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,123
  • arhp6.jpg
    arhp6.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,118
  • arhp7.jpg
    arhp7.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,118
  • arhp8.jpg
    arhp8.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,115
  • arhp4.jpg
    arhp4.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,121
  • arhp15.jpg
    arhp15.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,110
  • arhp12.jpg
    arhp12.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,101
  • arhp10.jpg
    arhp10.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,101
  • arhp9.jpg
    arhp9.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,101
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
11) 1698 French Liard (probably the best I've dug)

12) Cannonball - 6 Pounder (My 6th ball)

13) 18th Century French Bale seals.

14) George II Halfpenny.

15) Glass sailing ships cufflink buttons.

16) Farthing/token - Paydirt. :tongue3:

Attachments

• arhp19.jpg
    arhp19.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,073
  • arhp21.jpg
    arhp21.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,066
  • arhp20.jpg
    arhp20.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,073
  • arhp16.jpg
    arhp16.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,088
  • arhp14.jpg
    arhp14.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,100
  • arhp13.jpg
    arhp13.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,092
  • arhp11.jpg
    arhp11.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,100
  • arhp20.jpg
    arhp20.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,069
  • arhp19.jpg
    arhp19.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,071
  • arhp18.jpg
    arhp18.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,085
  • arhp17.jpg
    arhp17.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,083
  • arhp21.jpg
    arhp21.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,064

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
IP, I would give anything to eat a little dirt now. :laughing9: I am desperate like you wouldn't believe.

Your 2009 season was a banner year, IP. The cob and military buttons prove my previous statement. The other relics and coins are the lettered icing on your 2009 cake. The cake reads: "Banner Year for IP". :laughing9: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KylePA said:
IP, I would give anything to eat a little dirt now. :laughing9: I am desperate like you wouldn't believe.

Your 2009 season was a banner year, IP. The cob and military buttons prove my previous statement. The other relics and coins are the lettered icing on your 2009 cake. The cake reads: "Banner Year for IP". :laughing9: :thumbsup:

Yeah it was fun. We definitely added some quality Colonial fields to our "beat sites" ploughed rotation. These new places still have lots of targets to dig for the years to come. :thumbsup:

I could handle popping a couple old buttons myself right now but what can you do.

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

Yeah it was fun. We definitely added some quality Colonial fields to our "beat sites" ploughed rotation. These new places still have lots of targets to dig for the years to come. :thumbsup:

I could handle popping a couple old buttons myself right now but what can you do.

Almost all of our sites are no-till, so, once we clean them out, they are pretty much hit and are not worth pursuing any longer. At first, I was a little peeved about the no-till, but my mind then got to thinking. There are, literally, hundreds of Colonial/early American sites in my area, so it is not worth fussing too much over one site. The no-till, in a way, kind of pushes us to get permission for many new sites each year.

I'm probably going to determine our top 50 sites to pursue this year. Of course, we will get rejected for some, so it is good to have many on the list. If we are able to get into 7-10 awesome land tracts, it should be another dandy of a year for us.

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch,

You had a year to remember, but most of all, you saved and preserved some awesome Colonial artifacts. Kyle and I always looked forward to your threads. It sure is nice to have another Colonial personality on the forum who understands humor and sarcasm. Here is to a great 2010...*clanging Colonial coppers together.* :headbang:

I don't drink fluids anymore because I drool enough to create a "Drool Drink." :laughing7:...waiting for the ground to thaw. :laughing7:

Kirk

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Great diggs once again. You always produce the good stuff! You are the Canadian metal detecting god :notworthy:

Lookig forward to spring and new "old" finds.

VPR

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IP,
Great year you had IP! Good to see another shot of your finds this year! :thumbsup: :notworthy: Your token find was a good deal for you as a find! :notworthy: :headbang: The mini cannon is cool also but many of things you find up there are very neat to me. :headbang: Your good at what you do and know as much about finds as any so your help this year and getting to type with you was a honor for me. :notworthy: Although you may not had found as many military finds as you would had like you found some great stuff in my book. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: I know you will thrill with more great finds in 2010 :thumbsup:
Pete, :hello:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timekiller said:
IP,
Great year you had IP! Good to see another shot of your finds this year! :thumbsup: :notworthy: Your token find was a good deal for you as a find! :notworthy: :headbang: The mini cannon is cool also but many of things you find up there are very neat to me. :headbang: Your good at what you do and know as much about finds as any so your help this year and getting to type with you was a honor for me. :notworthy: Although you may not had found as many military finds as you would had like you found some great stuff in my book. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: I know you will thrill with more great finds in 2010 :thumbsup:
Pete, :hello:

Right on Pete! I know it's just a matter of time before we hit a site that explodes with military. I bet I didn't even find 10 this year, actually have a hard time thinking of 5, but have hunted single sites in the past that gave up 20. Just about walking into the right field. Our hunts were as fun as any other year so 2009 will go in the books as a good one. :thumbsup:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See, I told you that you find all the good stuff. ;D Way to go on a super year of detecting, and a big congrats on that large silver.
I still haven't found one of those suckers! I did find that old Iron Patch figure you tried to hide though. :tongue3: :laughing9:
Good luck in 2010! :icon_thumleft:
-MM-

Attachments

• Iron Patch figure.jpg
    Iron Patch figure.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 837
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
See, I told you that you find all the good stuff. ;D Way to go on a super year of detecting, and a big congrats on that large silver.
I still haven't found one of those suckers! I did find that old Iron Patch figure you tried to hide though. :tongue3: :laughing9:
-MM-

Hey, is that another head chopper I see? ;D

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
ModernMiner said:
-MM-

That's not Iron Patch.....where's his little package :D

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
ModernMiner said:
-MM-

That's not Iron Patch.....where's his little package :D

Notice the blue face, maybe there's a reason.

Agree, it's a counterfeit patch.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K., I fixed the face, but I'm not going near the package. :laughing9:
You could be right, this may be a counterfeit? :icon_scratch: This one was made in the U.S. not Canada. :wink:
-MM-

Attachments

• Iron_Patch_figure.jpg
    Iron_Patch_figure.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 825
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
O.K., I fixed the face, but I'm not going near the package. :laughing9:
You could be right, this may be a counterfeit? :icon_scratch: This one was made in the U.S. not Canada. :wink:
-MM-

I think you made that into an "Iron Patch of the Opera" doll.

Attachments

• patch.jpg
    patch.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 731
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D

Attachments

• Doug 3a.jpg
    Doug 3a.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 809

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
IP, I just soiled myself on that one. :notworthy: LMAO!!! I'm still haunted by the days we took our kids to ChuckE Cheese. There are not enough of those golden rat tokens in the world to make up for the memories of that place. Honest to God, one time we went there and I went to the salad bar to get a salad (good place for it :D ), and the girl working there was spraying the lettuce & veggies down with a BLUE liquid. She thought she was "freshening it up" with water, but was actually spraying glass cleaner! :o Needless to say they had to empty the whole salad bar. ;D
-MM-

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome finds, you had a great year!

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Very awsome finds Iron Patch. To me it's the icing on the cake finding those new spots and like opening a present when you find that first find.
:icon_sunny: HH in 2010 :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread