My Year - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 71

Thread: My Year

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16
    HCW
    HCW is offline

    Feb 2007
    White's MXT
    965
    278 times

    Re: My Year

    Incredible.
    I'll spend the rest of my life and not find all of that.

  2. #17
    umrgolf

    Re: My Year

    Quote Originally Posted by mainer
    Hands down the best year end post on T-Net. How you or anyone could ever top 2010 is beyond me. Its been a great ride following you Jeff. Cant wait to see what 2011 holds for you. Take care my friend. And keep in touch.
    thanks mainer.. it was fun following your finds as well! Look forward to doing the same this year

    Quote Originally Posted by HCW
    Incredible.
    I'll spend the rest of my life and not find all of that.
    thanks.. fortunate to get stationed in VA no doubt

  3. #18

    Re: My Year

    Oh well Better luck next year
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT,YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

    'Time isn't money it's finds, unless your finds are money' 08/12/17
    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' 25/06/08
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    I open my prezzies out of lumps of mud. 02/10/19
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.
    ONE LIFE - DETECT IT

  4. #19

    Feb 2007
    Bradenton, Fl
    ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
    7,804
    764 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: My Year

    You certainly had an awesome year of digging. Great finds and pics Jeff. I am honored to have been present on the day you found the first HMA button.
    Debby

  5. #20

    Re: My Year

    Jeff,
    I was trying to view your amazing post here at work on my Blackberry and it shorted out from all of those fantastic finds. I kept scrolling through picture after picture thinking, "surely it can't get any better" but it did. LOL
    You have had an outstanding year and after seeing all that you have found, you rank up there at the top in my book. There honestly are so many great relics there you could start your own museum! A big congrats to you. Outstanding job.
    -Dug-
    *Oldest coin-1775 Spanish 1 real *Oldest U.S. silver-1833 Capped Bust Half Dime *Best coin - 1945 GOLD 2 1/2 peso *Best Civil War finds:*NC officers belt buckle *CSN Confederate Navy Officer button

  6. #21
    us
    Sep 2009
    Central Va
    T2SE DFX XLT GPX
    1,554
    315 times
    Relic Hunting

    Re: My Year

    Outstanding post there Jeff. THose are some incredible recoveries for sure.
    G Grandfather John Taliaferro Stevens.
    Enlisted May 1st, 1862 with Co.B/E 51st VA Infantry.
    Taken Prisoner at princeton WV May 16th 1862, found shot in the back May 17th 1862.
    G Uncle John J.L. Stevens.
    Enlisted Feb. 10th 1863 Co. B, 8th Va Calvary

  7. #22
    ca
    Detect everyday like it's the last day of the season!

    Apr 2010
    Upper Canada (Southern Ontario)
    XP Deus 5.2 Lesche - Piranha 35 Shovel 'Garrett Carrot' AT - Pointer
    7,605
    6897 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: My Year

    Wow! Just amazing stuff! Looks like you found enough relics to start you're own museum!

    Jeff, I don't know how you're ever going to top the finds you had in 2010!

    Congratulations!

    Dave
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
    “Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
    “Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”
    ― John Wayne

  8. #23
    us
    Jul 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Fisher F75, Garrett AT Gold, XP Deus, Fisher 1270
    7,296
    7732 times
    Banner Finds (3)

    Re: My Year

    Jeff, I am speechless! I missed a good bit of your year since I didn't start posting on T-Net until July, but you literally had a career in one year! Yes, you will be hard pressed to top 2010. Like you say, you may never get the opportunity to hunt so often until you retire, and by then, sites will be hard to come by. Also, you were living in one of the best areas of the country as far history goes. You have so many great finds there, I can't even single a couple out for comment. Lets just say your body of work in 2010 was outstanding!

    Spanish Silver Totals
    Cut Pieces = 19
    Half Reals = 30
    1 Reals = 11
    2 Reales = 6
    8 Reales = 1
    2 Reale Cobs = 2
    Other Early Silver Coins
    1797 & 1803 Draped Bust Dimes
    1830 Capped Bust 5 cents
    1827 Capped Bust dime
    1661 Hammered silver King Leopold
    1697 William III 6-pence
    Rev War Buttons
    3rd Battalion PA, Hartley's Regiment, USA, (4) 18th Royal Irish, (2) Rattlesnake & Stars
    Civil War Plates
    VA Militia Cross Belt, CS Tongue, CS Wreath, VMM, US Box, Model 1851 Sword, Militia Plate w/Star

  9. #24

    Mar 2008
    upstate ny
    se pro
    1,103
    15 times
    dirty pennies
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: My Year

    Amazing year, Jeff.
    One of the best I've ever seen posted.
    Quality, quantity, and quality.
    I have a feeling I will be returning frequently to this post in the future.
    dirty pennies...

  10. #25
    umrgolf

    Re: My Year

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUSADER
    Oh well Better luck next year
    I'm gonna pm you this year while I'm in Europe about a possible visit to England for a week or so with the gf

    Quote Originally Posted by cntrydncr1
    You certainly had an awesome year of digging. Great finds and pics Jeff. I am honored to have been present on the day you found the first HMA button.
    It was great to have you out to VA and too bad we couldn't do it more than once.. I'm sure you're always welcome to hunt with Josh

    Quote Originally Posted by ModernMiner
    Jeff,
    I was trying to view your amazing post here at work on my Blackberry and it shorted out from all of those fantastic finds. I kept scrolling through picture after picture thinking, "surely it can't get any better" but it did. LOL
    You have had an outstanding year and after seeing all that you have found, you rank up there at the top in my book. There honestly are so many great relics there you could start your own museum! A big congrats to you. Outstanding job.
    -Dug-
    sorry for breakin your Blackberry

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbibb
    Outstanding post there Jeff. THose are some incredible recoveries for sure.
    thanks James

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiquarian
    Wow! Just amazing stuff! Looks like you found enough relics to start you're own museum!

    Jeff, I don't know how you're ever going to top the finds you had in 2010!

    Congratulations!

    Dave
    thanks Dave, good luck on your trip!

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA
    Jeff, I am speechless! I missed a good bit of your year since I didn't start posting on T-Net until July, but you literally had a career in one year! Yes, you will be hard pressed to top 2010. Like you say, you may never get the opportunity to hunt so often until you retire, and by then, sites will be hard to come by. Also, you were living in one of the best areas of the country as far history goes. You have so many great finds there, I can't even single a couple out for comment. Lets just say your body of work in 2010 was outstanding!

    thanks Steve, good luck on your trip

    Quote Originally Posted by dwayne sueño
    Amazing year, Jeff.
    One of the best I've ever seen posted.
    Quality, quantity, and quality.
    I have a feeling I will be returning frequently to this post in the future.
    Thanks Dwayne, best of luck this year! will be looking for everyone's posts this year, thank you all for the replies

  11. #26
    gb
    May 2008
    uk
    tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
    6,184
    52 times
    Banner Finds (4)

    Re: My Year

    That's a pretty special year in anyone's book

    Nice one Jeff
    Who needs Cartwheel Pennies anyway?

  12. #27

    Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    9,719
    2764 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: My Year

    Simply amazing Jeff,and well earned.
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon





  13. #28
    us
    I Often Find Myself Killing Time Looking For What Time Has Killed!

    Feb 2009
    Morehead City / Newport NC
    Minelab E-Trac
    3,852
    945 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (3)

    Re: My Year

    THERE IT IS! SLAMMER YEAR YOU HAD!
    Take Care,
    Pete,
    Them Colonials​Can't Hide Nowhere Now!

  14. #29
    us
    Tuberale

    May 2010
    Portland, Oregon
    White's Coinmaster Pro
    4,474
    1355 times

    Re: My Year

    Absolutely great post, photos and finds! Truly finds comparable to finding a $50 gold! Hope you find one of those next!

  15. #30
    ca
    Detect everyday like it's the last day of the season!

    Apr 2010
    Upper Canada (Southern Ontario)
    XP Deus 5.2 Lesche - Piranha 35 Shovel 'Garrett Carrot' AT - Pointer
    7,605
    6897 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: My Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiquarian
    Wow! Just amazing stuff! Looks like you found enough relics to start you're own museum!

    Jeff, I don't know how you're ever going to top the finds you had in 2010!

    Congratulations!

    Dave
    thanks Dave, good luck on your trip!
    Thanks very much Jeff, take care of yourself when your over in Russia!

    Jamaica Dave
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
    “Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
    “Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”
    ― John Wayne

 

 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

1910 census badge
,
batwing sling carbine colonial
,
clipped columbian cob 1/2 reale
,

clipped corner virginia militia belt

,

how much is a floral cuff link button worth from the year 1858?

,

spanish escuticheon plates

,

umrgolf

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0