Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 2013 FINDS 47 SILVER coins 1700s coppers & Awesome relics

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    CAN YOU DIG IT ! yes I can

Jul 2012
    Massachusetts
    GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
    606 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by rayrayvegas View Post
    Detected with Garrett detectors for the past 19 almost 20 years and own a Pro currently and have Never had a issue with breaks anywhere. And I detect in rough conditions, desert, rocky, extreme heat. Glad I never had your sorrows with Garrett, im a very satisfied customer.
    I'm happy for you that you haven't had any problems. I did some research and thousands of people are having the same problems I am so you don't have to agree with my rant .the facts are they could have done a much better job with the construction of the unit.
    look at the awesome stuff I have found .MY youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/wiki1979able

Jul 2012
    Massachusetts
    GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
    606 times
    Quote Originally Posted by -=my METAL=- View Post
    But those coins sure are sweet....
    yeah the electronics in the machine are good..but the overall construction of the unit could be improved.the only thing they have fixed is the arm cuff....they made a new arm cuff that is reinforced... but there are many other issues that they need to take care of...I should have got a
    Minelab.. my old whites metal detector was built like a tank. I guess after owning a machine that's built really well you tend to compare the new one to the old.
    Last edited by silversurfer1111; Jan 23, 2014 at 09:40 PM.
    look at the awesome stuff I have found .MY youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/wiki1979able

us
    Sep 2013
    Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2
    180 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer1111 View Post
    yeah the electronics in the machine are good..but the overall construction of the unit could be improved.the only thing they have fixed is the arm cuff....they made a new arm cuff that is reinforced... but there are many other issues that they need to take care of...I should have got a
    Minelab.. my old whites metal detector was built like a tank. I guess after owning a machine that's built really well you tend to compare the new one to the old.
    The Minelab is built well, I can say that.

us
    Oct 2007
    SOUTHEAST OHIO
    V3i
    148 times
    Very nice

Jan 2013
    1053 times
    Banner Finds (1)

I'm happy for you that you haven't had any problems. I did some research and thousands of people are having the same problems I am so you don't have to agree with my rant .the facts are they could have done a much better job with the construction of the unit.
    I will agree with the comfort issue, definitely needs to be rethought. Not saying that Garrett is flawless in there builds but you also have to look at if you want superior insides and also do not want to spend 1000's on a machine comman sense dictates that there has to be cost effectiveness somewhere in the build. And I only used the word rant from your post which I found a enjoyable read. All in all I have used lots of other machines just have had better luck with Garrett. HH

Jul 2012
    Massachusetts
    606 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rayrayvegas View Post
    I will agree with the comfort issue, definitely needs to be rethought. Not saying that Garrett is flawless in there builds but you also have to look at if you want superior insides and also do not want to spend 1000's on a machine comman sense dictates that there has to be cost effectiveness somewhere in the build. And I only used the word rant from your post which I found a enjoyable read. All in all I have used lots of other machines just have had better luck with Garrett. HH
    my best finds are with this machine.I just wish I did not have to worry about it breaking down in so many different ways.lol...when I'm out treasure hunting I only want to think about treasure hunt.not what's going to break down next.I understand cost effectiveness ..they used to be about quality..now they just release anything..even the headphone adapter constantly breaks down ..its just a simple wire ..and there are so many complaints about it.I just made my own but most people don't have that option.if you have had as many problems as I have an others have you'd probably be thinking the same thing .I hope you don't have any problems because you will probablylook at the unit differently...even if Garrett gave me a brand new machine I would sell it for something else

Jan 2013
    1053 times
    Banner Finds (1)

my best finds are with this machine.I just wish I did not have to worry about it breaking down in so many different ways.lol...when I'm out treasure hunting I only want to think about treasure hunt.not what's going to break down next.I understand cost effectiveness ..they used to be about quality..now they just release anything..even the headphone adapter constantly breaks down ..its just a simple wire ..and there are so many complaints about it.I just made my own but most people don't have that option.if you have had as many problems as I have an others have you'd probably be thinking the same thing .I hope you don't have any problems because you will probablylook at the unit differently...even if Garrett gave me a brand new machine I would sell it for something else
    I agree with quality being sacrificed, My Gta 1000 still works flawlessly after 15 years and has held up structurly very well. And is WAY more comfortable to swing. I think I probably would be more upset and frustrated than you if I was having your problems with the Pro. Lol. And I agree the headphone adapter is a joke but as you stated I am being amazed at my finds since I upgraded to the pro.

us
    Jan 2014
    Sparks, NV
    White's MXT, White's Coinmaster, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Garrett-Pro Pinpointer
    11 times
    Congratulations on your finds. It is so amazing the older items you guys can discover on the "right" side of the country. Most of the Nevada stuff is much newer.
    silversurfer1111 likes this.
    David Ingram
    Sparks, NV.

us
    Sep 2013
    Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2
    180 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ingram4868 View Post
    Congratulations on your finds. It is so amazing the older items you guys can discover on the "right" side of the country. Most of the Nevada stuff is much newer.
    We don't all find coins that old over here...

us
    Detect smarter, not harder.

Mar 2014
    17th century
    Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
    13063 times
    FOUNDING MEMBER: Basstards of Bramble
    Banner Finds (6)
    Hey leave some for us! Lol.

You're a gold and silver machine, great work!

us
    Pop-pop

Mar 2014
    Northeast Coast USA
    Garrett AT PRO 5x8 Coil - VULCAN 360 Pinpointer -Lesche Shovel
    79 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by -=METAL=- View Post
    But those coins sure are sweet....
    Watch this and the remedy for your problem may be what is suggested at 11:00

As a young man I would wonder why the Sun went down everyday; then it finally dawned on me.

us
    Pop-pop

Mar 2014
    Northeast Coast USA
    Garrett AT PRO 5x8 Coil - VULCAN 360 Pinpointer -Lesche Shovel
    79 times
    Metal Detecting
    silversurfer1111 Watch this and see the remedy to make the Control Box on the AT Pro more secure (at 11:00):
    Last edited by Eureka!; Mar 17, 2014 at 10:50 AM.
    As a young man I would wonder why the Sun went down everyday; then it finally dawned on me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links