2016 Year-End summary; Friends, finds, and adventure!

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Incredible :headbang: What a year you had. Not only did you clean up on some sick coppers, buttons and relics... but the amount of silver you dug makes me envious. I've told you before, but I hardly ever dig the shiny stuff, so even a "modern" silver makes me happy still. I dug 3 silvers this year, a 1722 half pistareen, a cut piece of 8 and a rosie dime :laughing7: How's that for a spread on the date range! Anyway, your pile of silver is just impressive to me. Your navy tongue, cannon button and iron buckle frame are just a few of my favorites. Looking forward to seeing what 2017 brings you :occasion14:

Thanks Brad. The best part of this year was the time spent with friends. I know you like that modern shiny but you're just so good digging dirty colonial. Sometimes the world just ain't fair;)

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Outstanding year, and great post! You truly know what great treasure is. Good finds just top it off.

Maybe we should get world leaders to go detecting together! Lol

HH RN

Thanks Joe. A lot of these finds were uncovered with the CTX. It's quite a versatile and powerful detector. It's a great machine and I wish you luck with yours. You have my info if you have any questions.

Cheers

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on another great year!...
Great pics, and that pile of silver is just sick!....
Go Pats!

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
What a year Steve. I was gonna make a post but now I'm embarrassed compared to your great finds. We have to find a way to meet up and dig in 2017. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Yes, let's meet up for sure next year. Then we'll go with a plan of pulling up in front of Bill's house and throwing him in back of a the van, A-Team style!

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Man! That's a solid season right there folks!
You scored on several levels and had an amazing season!
Congratulations on your achievement!

Thanks IH. I appreciate that! According to my wife the only thing I've achieved this year is Lymes disease and some buckets of scrap behind the garage! Lol

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
My goodness that's a lot of silver my friend. I found like 8 pieces. 3 were pre 1800 then a bunch of merc dimes. One of my favorite finds is that Hibernia copper....god I love those things. The military plates are killer and that big French silver is amazing. I really enjoyed having you guys come up this fall. I'm glad you enjoyed holding that old coin I found lol. Sorry about strip searching you and Brad before you left my house but I'm pretty partial to my finds. The invasive search of you that Brad did was NOT my idea lol. I really hope 2017 is filled with incredible hunts and some stellar finds. I have a good feeling....I say that every year I guess. Positive thoughts my friend

Abe Abe Abe....

It was a great time besides that thing you mentioned with Brad. And yes, you have a disgusting amount of relics so I can't blame you for the search. I too have a good feeling about 2017, and I hope it's filled with great relics and less invasive searches (from Brad).

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done SCRAPPY!

That is an enviable haul of treasure that you amassed last year. Congrats.

I will remember the making of photo number one for the rest of my life.

Best to you brother!

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
A really fine year Steve! Love the variety of high quality recoveries. Can't wait to see what next year holds.

Bartek

Apr 5, 2014
Northern NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post Steve! Amazing finds and more so, amazing friends and adventures is what makes me get out there and deal with bramble, ticks and spiderwebs in the face! You truly had a stellar year, and I'm sure next year will be even better. As Charlie said, health is most important so have a happy and healthy holiday season, I'll see you soon enough!

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Outstanding year in review Steve, while I'm not a coin shooter the pile of silver is simply amazing. Congrats on the war of 1812 pewters and complete buckles in particular. Good luck in 2017!

Thanks man, it was a blessed year. Believe it or not those silver coins were all "bi-catch" at old sites. No coin shooting at parks or anything like that. I've actually turned into a old shrew that avoids people and sunlight;) I even hiss at kids. Lol

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done SCRAPPY!

That is an enviable haul of treasure that you amassed last year. Congrats.

I will remember the making of photo number one for the rest of my life.

Best to you brother!

Yeah, the photo was memorable, but the making of the photo was thing I'll remember most. It was like herding a group of feral cats

Last edited:

Patriot Relics

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2014
Lowcountry, South Carolina / Richmond, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Deus XP II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks man, it was a blessed year. Believe it or not those silver coins were all "bi-catch" at old sites. No coin shooting at parks or anything like that. I've actually turned into a old shrew that avoids people and sunlight;) I even hiss at kids. Lol

Haha I'm the same way with my trusty CTX, the more remote the better. How do you have your mighty CTX programmed?

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great year Steve, You pulled a heck of o lot of silver this year, and a lot of coppers. But I would guess your find of the year would be the naval tongue.

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously 2016 was a FANTASTIC year for you Steve. Tons of great finds and good times with friends-what more can you ask for? Thanks for sharing those memories-and here's to 2017 being even better!

:weee:

Bitdrop

Nov 23, 2013
Vermont
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Blisstool LTC64X v3,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seriously impressive finds.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Great post Steve! Amazing finds and more so, amazing friends and adventures is what makes me get out there and deal with bramble, ticks and spiderwebs in the face! You truly had a stellar year, and I'm sure next year will be even better. As Charlie said, health is most important so have a happy and healthy holiday season, I'll see you soon enough!

Thanks Buddy. Looks like the weather door slammed shut on us a bit sooner than expected. We did have some great adventures this year. It seems like just yesterday we were in PA and I jumped in that ice cold river for s***s and giggles. Lol.
I wish I could do the trip south with you and CDawg but I just can't get the time away from work/home life. Can't wait for next season and some more adventures in the Brambles

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome year for ya bud!, was good to finally meet ya back in april, hope 2017 is even better for ya!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It sure adds up to a bounty of finds, congrats on the year of finds and the fine collection you dug out of the earth. I don't know about buying a used car off the group, but they look pretty hard core as far as hunters come.:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread