OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man you are lucky with the soil being that nice on your silvers. Some of mine are as black as the dirt they came out of. I never did anything to mine but a rinse off with water also but it sucks knowing how a nice detailed old silver could look like but i don't want to mess with them! [emoji2][emoji106]

Very seldom do I dig one that has black tarnish, my only seated dime has the black on it and I have left it alone. Ssome times I have had a few silvers come out of the ground with a grayish goo on them, but it comes off pretty easily with some hot soapy water.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You had a very good year. Congrats on the big silver and the rest of the finds. You did find an awesome bunch of tokens. Hope you have a banner year this year.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that Morgan counts as 10 dimes, so that puts you over 50. Great 2016 bud. Hopefully we'll put you over a few oldies come springtime.

Thanks Scrappy, The Morgan was a pleasant surprise as it was dug from a football field that was built in 1965. I am sure we will all pull some cool keepers in the spring. I had a perma-smile that day and the happy dance lasted longer than normal. Are you still planning on sitting in a lawn chair drinking brews as we raid your sites? :tongue3: I am so looking forward to having the gang back together. Stay safe, I am counting down the days until I head East.

great stuff....looks like dedication !!

Thanks mc, I hunt every weekend between 4 to 8 hours a day. I seldom get out in the evenings for an hour or two like I did in the previous years.

Dang... That post didn't disappoint one BIT... You have a great write-up there, Loco. Thanks for putting it together. I had no idea you'd found so much good stuff! I could lay out my coin silver that I've found and take a picture of it, but we've all seen a single 1964 Rosie before. LOL

Morgan dollar, too. I don't remember that one, but I'll bet that was a dang HIGHLIGHT.. Just wow, man... Wow.

I think what most impressed me (or at least as much as the rest), was how well your relics cleaned up. What did you do to them to make them look that way? Electrolysis and Paraffin?

Skippy

EDIT: Btw, I looked through your post, like 3 times, trying to find the trime. I finally gave up and went back to the beginning and noted the title says "I finally found the TIME" not TRIME. LOL The joke was definitely on me. Thought I'd share what happens when I make the font too small on the screen. Brain filled in the gaps a little too well!

Thanks Skippy, the Morgan was dug the same day I pulled the class ring on 12/24/16. It was a great Christmas Eve Day for ole Loco. The relics have only been cleaned with water, some with warm soapy water. The Indian heads and other coppers get a little rub with nose oil to make them shine up. Trime, ha, :laughing7: you are killing me. I had to make this a today's find so it would be allowed to stay in "Today's Finds" forum for a week or so before it gets moved to another forum.

Most Outstanding Year, Loco, congratulations on a super haul. Sub 8-)

Thanks Sub, I'd love to see a pick of all your keepers, I bet it would look like a jewelers display case, just brimming with the bling. :notworthy:

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You had a very good year. Congrats on the big silver and the rest of the finds. You did find an awesome bunch of tokens. Hope you have a banner year this year.

Thanks Scuba, Hope your doing okay, I sure wanted to see what you pulled from that site in Utah. I am still going over older sites using the F75 with the sniper coil or the XP Deus listening for deep targets. Looking forward to March when I will be more comfortable getting some new permissions.

Sgt Fury

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2017
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites Minelab Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great pictures. I really enjoyed reading the seasons recap. Thanks for sharing.

Jacobsdt

Jan 9, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher F75 ltd, Garrett Pro Pointer and a little luck
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great pics, you were definitely doing some digging last year. Great Job, hope you have another great year ahead.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great pictures. I really enjoyed reading the seasons recap. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Sgt Fury, Sgt Fury was one of my favorite comic book characters.

That's a pile of digging and a pile of finds! Wow, what a year you had.

Thanks IH, I enjoy the hunt and pulling a keeper every now and then. Sure would like to pull some of the older things like you do regularly.

Great pics, you were definitely doing some digging last year. Great Job, hope you have another great year ahead.

Thanks Jacob, If I don't it will not because I did not try. I am so looking forward to this weekend, another 2 days to swing the coil.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What was your clad coins count? Looks like you had a lot of quarters.

All the coins in the pic total $316.11, I dug a little over $337 in face value for the season. The clad helps pay for the hobby. I have been lucky that I had found 2 clad laden sites that have given up about $500 between them. The smaller site was gridded 4 times and is so cleaned out it's not worth hitting again for a few years, but the other is still giving up the goods. Granted I no longer can average $8 per hour like was common when I first hit them.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks Scuba, Hope your doing okay, I sure wanted to see what you pulled from that site in Utah. I am still going over older sites using the F75 with the sniper coil or the XP Deus listening for deep targets. Looking forward to March when I will be more comfortable getting some new permissions.

That site has been covered with snow. I haven't been back since it melted. Hopefully next week. This week had some major appointments. Buying a house, medical, and other junk. Everyone will know when I get to hunt there. I really can't wait either.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, you really had a killer year. A lot of hard work and sweet dividends, congrats.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like an absolutely epic year!!! What are your plans to top it in 2017? Does it have anything to do with the Oak Island treasure? All kidding aside, that's a most impressive collection of finds. I'm looking forward to reading about what you unearth in the New Year!!

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had a killer year, especially the big silvers. And the jewelry and relics and tokens-man, you really did well! Here's hoping that 2017 is just as good to you.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice 2016 collection of coins, jewelry, tokens, relics and memories, Loco-Digger. I have no doubt that 2017 will be just as good to you, if not better. Congratulations and best of luck to you!!

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done, you really had a killer year. A lot of hard work and sweet dividends, congrats.

Thanks v-nut I am addicted to the rush of the cool find. Looking forward to what 2017 brings.

Looks like an absolutely epic year!!! What are your plans to top it in 2017? Does it have anything to do with the Oak Island treasure? All kidding aside, that's a most impressive collection of finds. I'm looking forward to reading about what you unearth in the New Year!!

Thanks Silver-m :thumbsup: Oak Island :tongue3: I only post if I find a keeper. Hopefully I get more chances to post this year.

You had a killer year, especially the big silvers. And the jewelry and relics and tokens-man, you really did well! Here's hoping that 2017 is just as good to you.

Thanks Down&D It was a fun fulled season, heck ain't they all...:dontknow: The day I don't get excited digging a keeper, is the day I sell my gear.

Very nice 2016 collection of coins, jewelry, tokens, relics and memories, Loco-Digger. I have no doubt that 2017 will be just as good to you, if not better. Congratulations and best of luck to you!!

Thanks Chizzy, I am really looking forward to meeting you the next time you come this way (your schedule permitting).

Killer year! ....and to think it started on empty!

Thanks McCDig, Don't they all? :thumbsup: I got so stoked setting up the pics last night reminiscing of the times I dug many of those finds that I had a hard time going to sleep. I see a trip to Baltimore in my future, I met my wife in Delaware and she still has family in the area.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Kevin those are some great finds and a great post! You are one person I have a lot of respect for you give great replies to people all the time. You also took the time to talk with me and gave me some great advice. I know how hard you work at permissions and research and it shows with your great finds. Funny thing I have yet to post all my 2016 finds let alone clean all my relics. I hope to hunt with you this year I'm not far from Toledo that would a lot of fun Great post and pics hope this year will be just as good or better!!!!!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some amazing coins, but I'm jealous of the Ike dollar and all the clad Kennedy halves. I'd kill to find either of those coins. How is it possible that I've found a Walker and not a Kennedy half? Give me a break! LOL!

356rmb

Jan 16, 2017
NEPA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT/MAX, APEX, ACE 350 WITH A DD COIL,TEKNETICS DELTA 4000,
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW THAT IS SOME NICE FINDS YOU HAVE . CONGRATS ON A GREAT YEAR HOPE YOU HAVE EVEN A BETTER ONE THIS YEAR.
THANKS FOR SHARING AND GOOD LUCK RICH :hello2: :icon_thumright: :goldtrophy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread