Cru'Team's 2017 Results - We are still improving...

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That nice complete ring is a good one. Seems like for ever intact Roman ring on here there’s a hundred fragments and bezels.

It was a great year for you and cru’dad. Quite incredible treasure unearthed.
Cru'Dad found that on our first day on a new site that I researched & pinpointed. Great feeling when the land-owners are clueless & give us the OK, whilst smiling. They had family/friends & Archie digs on their land with zero result. I starting finding Roman Coins within 20 minutes. I will probably give them the ring.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Everyone's already used all the good words so I'll just say WOW! Always enjoy your posts. Thanks to you & Cru Dad. Happy New Year and good luck Cru.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Once again you've a great year it seems liking Sceats and silvers, and what's there not to love about seeing the gold coin. Congrats to both of you on the great recoveries.
I'm kind of drawn to the Shell type Pilgrims Ampullae as I have the same one, a very remembered find for me.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm kind of drawn to the Shell type Pilgrims Ampullae as I have the same one, a very remembered find for me.

Yes, I remember that one well as well. It was tough new land with lots of potential & no results. I used my intuition to sniff out this find with no gridding & I remember thinking that its a big piece of deep lead, not realising it was the find of the day.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man talk about a great year! I like how you keep track of your hours and your finds, very detailed! Congrats on a real nice 2017

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FORGOT;

''Year of the deep plough''

One of the main reasons we were so success this year was because many of our main Roman Sites had a 9 inch turn, which with this farmer is the deepest they will go.

However, we met with the new manager of several of our farms & he is thinking about buying a new 12" plough, fingers crossed.:thumbsup:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crazy awesome finds! I also enjoy your posts and also the knowledge you share of our unknown digs.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your finds are the real deal! Congrats on amazing finds, recoveries, techniques and research. Good luck in 2018!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never quite know how to respond to your posts mate?!?:dontknow: My brain had some difficulty wrapping itself around 2000 year old recoveries! LOL! If I get a 200 year old coin or relic I feel like Indiana Jones scoring the HOLY GRAIL! You and your Pa' do an amazing job pulling mind blowing history from the dirt. Your research and acquiring of permissions is a fine example for the rest of us to follow. Thanks for the assistance you offer to the rest of us T-netters identifying our finds throughout the year as well. Sharing your knowledge is a very considerate and thoughtful gesture. Much appreciated mate.:icon_salut:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never quite know how to respond to your posts mate?!?:dontknow: My brain had some difficulty wrapping itself around 2000 year old recoveries! LOL! If I get a 200 year old coin or relic I feel like Indiana Jones scoring the HOLY GRAIL! You and your Pa' do an amazing job pulling mind blowing history from the dirt. Your research and acquiring of permissions is a fine example for the rest of us to follow. Thanks for the assistance you offer to the rest of us T-netters identifying our finds throughout the year as well. Sharing your knowledge is a very considerate and thoughtful gesture. Much appreciated mate.:icon_salut:

Thanks for the kind words.

Its hard to know my own motivation, because its not for the 'likes' that never existed when I joined. Its not to collect friends like the facebook generation that I stand apart from. I guess its just a good way to share my finds with those that appreciate it & to use my years of knowledge towards the greater good. Knowledge should be shared freely, something we do with our displays & this site is an extension of that, which has the widest audience.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just gobsmacked by these finds. Fantastic--and yes, you seem to be spending your time wisely, in the oldest of sites! Just stunning.

Congrats on your accomplishments and wishing you the best in 2018 my friend,

Buck

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching the Cru team's discoveries year after year is why a trip to Great Britain is at the top of my bucket list. Congrats on another stellar year :thumbsup:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching the Cru team's discoveries year after year is why a trip to Great Britain is at the top of my bucket list. Congrats on another stellar year :thumbsup:
Thanks, but I'm sure you know its more about the guide than it is about the Country.:thumbsup:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_2017_finds.jpg

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor