A Library Presentation?

Hdantzler

Apr 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am the Children's Coordinator at Washington County Public Library. Our theme this year is "Dig into Reading" and I really want to have a pirate/treasure hunting day here at the library. I am looking for a presenter who could tell stories about hunting for and finding treasure and possibly show them some things that they have found. If you would be interested or know someone who might be interested, please contact me here!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Outstanding idea Hdantzler! It would be neat if a volunteer actually buried some coins and had the kids experience the excitement of finding them, etc.

Boomer-1

Jun 27, 2009
Gadsden, Al
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had an idea to get kids excited in treasure hunting.

It would require a plastic kiddie pool. A couple of bags of playground sand. A couple of handfuls of wheat pennies or buffalo nickels. And a pin pointer detector.

Just have the kids root around in the sand and find a few coins. When one kid finds what is in there, put a few more coins in, rake the sand around, and turn the next one loose.

You can use other metal objects as well like costume jewelry and old hot wheels cars.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread