The untold ebay story...

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I haven't shared this story but now with the ebay subtopic I think it's time.

Back in Nov. I was at a marketing conference in Miami for work. The speakers included Google, Facebook, Youtube, etc. Also speaking was a Google Glass Explorer. If you haven't heard of Google Glass, look it up real quick and come back.

During a break, I got to talk to the Explorer and try Glass. Very cool stuff. I asked him how I could get a pair since the were not and still aren't for sale. He told me that you have to be invited to the program by other Glass Explorers.

So being being a marketing guru, I challenged myself to get an invitation. Within two hours of using my marketing skills, I received two invites from Glass Explorers. The only problem was I found out that it cost $1500 for a pair.

I decided to check out ebay to see if anyone was selling the invites and to my surprise they were selling for $500 a piece!!! I ended up selling both of the invites for over $900! Not too shabby for 2 hours of work.

About a week after selling the invites, Google released tons of them and the price dropped to about $50. People are still selling them but there are selling for $10-30 now.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow-- good timing and thinking on your part. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was really tempted to purchase the devices and sell those. They were selling for $2500-3000 a pair. I could've made an easy grand each. In the end, I figured it wasn't worth the risk of something happening along the way having $3000 tied up. I still think I made the best decision by making $900 without any risk because it cost me nothing.

Since then i've been thinking that there has to be other things out there like this. I haven't had the time to do the research but imagine getting the next iphone in advance. How much would someone be willing to spend?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread