My Ebay Auction went to Smitherines

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only do a google search if the transaction gets strange. I once had an item going to a movie director. I can't remember the name now but he had a pretty long list of movies he had directed. I would have personally been more impressed by a musician.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive shipped to people with odd and made up names... Mr. Big E Biggie... I don't think that is his real name. No issues though
Another I won't directly say because it may be a valid name of Asian descent... but it was pronounced/seem to be pronounced exactly like Duck Quack.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Ive shipped to people with odd and made up names... Mr. Big E Biggie... I don't think that is his real name. No issues though Another I won't directly say because it may be a valid name of Asian descent... but it was pronounced/seem to be pronounced exactly like Duck Quack.

I have also shipped to several bizarre and seemingly made-up names. The name I just shipped to yesterday was something like "Ma Jane Doe".

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
I got two famous customers over the last few years. First one was Hal Steinbrenner, son of George Steinbrenner, and current owner of the Yankees. Second one was Craig vetter. He invented all the motorcycle fairings and bags and lots of other stuff that people still use today. I sold him a magazine with an article that he was interviewed for back in the 70's.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I once sold a watch to someone using the name "Jeremy Wariner" in their email address (I think it was email :dontknow:). However, the item was shipped to someone using an entirely different name. If the name doesn't ring any bells, Jeremy Wariner is an Olympic medalist in track (400 meters).

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never shipped to anyone famous, but I did sell some old wooden buttons to a guy in North Pole, Alaska.

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
I doubt it was the real VH David. About a month ago send a package to a Mr David L. Roth Somewhere in Florida.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just sold a bracelet to a lady named sharron stone in Miami. I didn't google it to see if it was the same person. Other then that was The professor at Princeton bought a recording on a record from world war 1.

handsoap

Feb 16, 2014
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once sold a set of coyote-fur pillows to a famous super model through ebay. I had put what I considered a really high best offer on it, and would have been willing to take much less than that, but money wasn't an issue for her and she snagged it right up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread