Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Superscope by Marantz Condenser Microphone | eBay

I would really appreciate it if some of you could take a look at my very first ebay listing. I chose to offer free shipping to the United States but I could not figure out how to exclude Alaska and Hawaii from U.S. shipping. I offered to sell worldwide and just clicked "apply actual charges" and chose expedited USPS priority mail. I am just hoping I don't get burned due to my ignorance of how this should be set up. Any critiquing is very much welcome and appreciated.

P.S. I also plan on shipping this in a previously used padded envelope. Do you guys think the post office will have a problem with that? Also, If I am shipping worldwide, should I enroll in the global shipping program?

Last edited:
S

stefen

Might ask (telephone) eBay how to limit free shipping to the contenental US...

So much quicker than chasing thru the written verbage...

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry about using recycled padded envelopes. Just make sure they are not worn to thin and that you seal them good. People frequently bubble wrap the item before placing in the padded envelope depending on what the item is. I use recycled envelopes, packing materials, boxes etc. whenever possible and I state that in my listings so people know ahead of time. Good luck with your first listing!!

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
id pack it up good ,they throw stuff around like you would not believe and the person who bought it would not want to get it broken get ya for an item not as described you do not need that. by the way i have had good luck with the global shipping on ebay,you just ship it to Kentucky and they take care of the rest

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
How does eBay figure the shipping charges and charge the buyer for the global program?

sent from a potato...

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't noticed much difference in price. I probably wouldn't exclude them. Actually I have a disproportionate amount of items go to Hawaii, Alaska, California and Colorado. I'm on the East coast and it seems about the same price as California.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they charge you what it costs to get to kentucky,thats it

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
they charge you what it costs to get to kentucky,thats it

So from Kentucky to wherever they charge the buyer?

sent from a potato...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I exclude out of country buyers. It looked like to much of a hassle to me. They have a program that will figure shipping or get you close to it.

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would pack it in a box and then throw it in a usps padded flat rate mailer. No need to exclude Alaska and Hawaii.

I would include the model number (Model EC-5 ) in the description and the title!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with mjlalt...box it and then maybe use a padded mailer, or wrap it in the bubble mailer and then box it.. Hint: OVERPACK IT ! Pack it in such a manner that you know it could not be damaged, short of being run over by the mail truck. believe me, don't ask how I know but packages are not treated in a delicate manner at the PO. Good luck !! ddf

OP
OP
Justice70

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the advice. I ended up changing my mail preference to United States only because I do not qualify yet to enroll in the Global Shipping Program. I will take your advice mjlalt and dirtdigginfool if it sells and put it in a padded envelope(I am guessing that is what you are calling a mailer), and then box it. I just enrolled on usps and ordered some of the free medium flat rate boxes and some large padded flat rate envelopes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread