diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody else notice a sudden increase? This past week I've noticed my BIN sales are all of a sudden picking up. This past 3 days alone i've sold 9 items that have been listed and relisted for several months, over and over every week. Now all of a sudden stuff's flying outta here! I only had around 40 items listed. I guess I should take advantage of my time off from work this week and get to work listing on ebay.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, same here, I listed a bunch of jewellery I had lying around that I figured would be hard to sell (signed sterling stuff, but it was QVC quality) last night and already half of it has sold.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Holidays and this week being a big vacation week the busy folks have time to peruse eBay.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great news!
actually I have had an increase in sales too.
I have asked buyers..do you check out the 'bay everyday (I do...could be a problem:laughing7:)
They reply, nope once a week maybe.I have never been one to let an auction go for 30 days, I do now.

willis7

Mar 29, 2014
i couldn't do a 30 day auction, that's way to much waiting for me! 7 days and almost all of the bids happen on the last day

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i couldn't do a 30 day auction, that's way to much waiting for me! 7 days and almost all of the bids happen on the last day
Yeh, I have not done a 30 day auction yet.
What I should have said was..7 day no sell relist!
Then again...
again..
I have received best offers of less then half of my asking price.
And sometimes, they will BIN without making an offer!:icon_scratch:

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no such a thing as a 30 day auction. BIN maybe but not auction. When it comes to a BIN listing, I don't know why anyone wouldn't list items for 30 days since your paying .30 per listing (unless you have a store).
In my original post I stated, "This past 3 days alone I've sold 9 items that have been listed and relisted for several months, over and over every week." the last 2 words should have been "every month" not "every week" as I was referring to my BIN listings not my auction listings. I try to price those low enough so that they will sell the first week I list them.

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Not just ebay. My website sales have increased too! :icon_thumright:

mountainman2.jpg

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up until the last few days, I had 11 or 12 items in a row sell at buy it now prices (auctions w/ buy itnow). Nothing special or underpriced. Thought that was odd. Then I got like 4 bids in a row and it is balanced out now. Better than only 1 bid at opening auction price!

So far, 9 sales in July and 1 item with a bid... so 10 items 10 days in.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got a bid on something I had listed for 2 months BIN. I relisted it at auction last night for the same starting price as the BIN price was but listed it in a different category. Has a couple watchers now too. Also sold another item that I had listed for so long the postal rates have changed and I lost a couple dollars in shipping costs, lol.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Our ebay sales have been flat, and have dropped some. So far, today, we've had nothing sell yet.

I am still very blessed though.

willis7

Mar 29, 2014
my auctions that I dont expect to do well have done amazing but then my silver stuff doesn't do much at all, like I sold a small lot of gem stones for 80 dollars I only expected to get 20 for them but I haven't been on ebay for more than a few weeks so I haven't seen any trends

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just had an offer on a 1914S quarter for $400. I countered $500. Probably should have taken the 400...

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a good week.

When I do a BIN, I only do it for 7 days. The thing is that when you do 7 days, it shows up in the feed on the first and last day as a new / closing auction. I want that attention.

I did sell one piece that has been up for months! I was so happy to see that one go. Now if only I could sell that stupid ugly gold men's ring. Lesson learned. No more expensive ugly items.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread