How long would you wait?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a jewelry lot on July 14. There are two pieces in there that I can resell to quadruple what I paid for the lot. I have not received it yet. And I have emailed the seller twice and have heard nothing back. I checked their feedback and they had 44 positives and one neutral. The neutral said took 30 days to mail and never responded to my emails! I want this lot of jewelry it's one of the best I've seen online in a while. however how long should I wait before I should open the case and drop a negative on this guy. I paid $5.75 for priority mail!!!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this situation id wait til I got it in my hands! If its not there in 2 weeks open a case.

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only had this happen once so far, they were a very new seller though. It was 2-3 lbs of tangled jewelry supposedly containing pieces marked 10k, 14k and .925. It took a few days to show as shipped, then never arrived; after several more days I asked for updated tracking info, was told it had been returned and would be re-sent, and then never heard from the seller again.

I opened a claim and got my refund but it was infuriating. I haven't always been happy with what my items have sold for but I still honor the sale, the one time I would actually have lost money (on a scrap silver jewelry lot) I ended the auction with 0 bids and a few hours to go rather than risk it being sniped. Now I sell all of my fine jewelry BIN and have been very pleased with the results. In my example I'll never know if the seller backed out because it sold too low or chickened out because it was really a bunch of junk jewelry they were BSing about, hopefully your seller will get you your items eventually. I agree though, give it a couple weeks in light of that slow shipping feedback and then open a case especially if the communication drops off.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Doesn't the auction say when the seller will ship? I have on mine that I ship out within one day. If you read the rules, Ebay says when you have to upload tracking information. It's a tough situation ... you paid for priority, it should only take 2-3 days to get to you. I would message the seller one more time, give him a deadline when to reply, and then if he doesn't, open a case. That will get him moving. (I hate when people open a case rather than talk to me. But this is different. He's not answering.)

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I opened the case today. Real bummer because I could've made probably $450 off of what he was selling. One piece would've paid for what I paid for the whole lot... First time in seven years I've had this happen though! Hopefully will send it but I doubt it at this point it's been three weeks.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
(Don't like that you had to open the case, but like that something is getting done, hopefully.)

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It had a Chanel pendant that would have paid for the lot.... One of the best lots of jewelry have seen on eBay ever! Makes me really upset! This guy will get a negative feedback the first one I will have ever left in 7 years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread