Talk about not reading the listing.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just had a buyer all upset because I sold him a book end. He thought it was for two but I had a picture of one said it is a book End. This one is the size and measurements never mentioned anything about 2! He says ~ book ends always come in pairs who would just sell one book end??? Lol I guess me, as I listed it as book end. Not plural! Or my listing would have said brass book ends! Or maybe I'm wrong because I expected someone to read it that way but what can ya do? Maybe I did mess up because I've sold so much stuff and just figured it was obvious but I'm just going to refund him anyways I guess.

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did not specify in BOLD that it was for only ONE bookend. Part of the blame falls on you. ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS, specify problems and or specifics that buyers might or might not read properly or understand, that way you are covered in case of a misunderstanding.

Last edited:

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
<I buy single book ends. I use them on the shelf when the books don't fill the whole shelf.> Leah

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I never assume my buyers are competent, honest, or paying attention... I always highlight and make a big deal out of defects... so far so good...

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
You are doing it the right way.And the eaist way.With some people evan if they got to hold it in there hands and they wrote the add for you.They would still b@@@h

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering, do you sell shoes?? LOL jk
Now you have me wondering. Why do they call a pair of pants, a "Pair"? If you cut them in half, is each side a pant?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread