ebay completed auctions stats

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it just me or when you look at completed auctions, as you scroll down you see more and more that are sold, until the last of the page is 100% sold items.

I like to look at the number of completed auctions vs. the number of sold auctions to see how quickly listed items move. But if ebay is loading the list of completed auctions with more sold auctions than actually happened, it is not as useful.

When I look at a list of completed items, it always looks like the best time to sell was two months ago???

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's strange because I always see the opposite on the app. It seems like the top listings are always the sold listings and the last listings are unsold. I know you can sort the completed listings just like regular listing by date or price or best match.

OP
OP
P

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorting them by date when I see this kind of thing. But it is on my PC at home.

I only use the app to check on the auctions I have running and respond to messages. For pricing and stuff, I have a browser on my phone that I have locked to a normal classic view to avoid ebay's mobile site, ugh.

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep ... I've seen the same thing from the computer. It seems like they're keeping history for unsold items for less time than sold items.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread