DH needs watch; I need advice

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So he's been buying these cheapo WM watches and they break every few years....his latest just broke and we were both wondering about buying decent watches on ebay.

Nothing expensive or fancy. All he wants is 'date and time.'

Any tips on how to tell a good deal watch on the bay? Red alerts, things to avoid?

Thanks for any help!

:thumb_up:

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
used to own a whites dfx. i dont currently own a machine. cant wait to save up for a new machine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for a cheap run of the mill watch. why not just make a trip to the local wal mart. unlesss your trying to build feedback. at least a walmart you can pick it up look at it, things look different in person. and less likely to get scammed at wal mart

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. It's not specifically for detecting, just an all-round timepiece, lol.

Then it depends on taste and budget... but a G-shock should last, and they're a wide range of prices. You don't have to buy them online either... Sears or other large stores would carry them. Made by Casio, an extremely popular watch company.... the Rolex of what they do.

OP
OP
Butter Hat

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning he waved a brand-new Casio at me. Still in package! I was puzzled. We hadn't gone shopping.

He said he found it in the back of his drawer. :laughing7:

Thanks, everyone...maybe next time, a G-Shock.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning he waved a brand-new Casio at me. Still in package! I was puzzled. We hadn't gone shopping.

He said he found it in the back of his drawer. :laughing7:

Thanks, everyone...maybe next time, a G-Shock.
See you in a couple years when the Casio breaks, lol.

Jayers

Jun 28, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Just starting out with a BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to add my 2 cents as I just bought one on ebay. I was looking for a very specific watch and it's for beating around on the weekend to save my good watch. So I didn't want to pay the 175 retail for an occasional watch and got it for 50. I knew the brand and style, did my research on it and bought from a seller with good feedback. I'm wearing it now and happy with my purchase.

However if you were looking for a good everyday watch I would buy new. There are several very good inexpensive watches. The G shock is extremely popular and has a great reputation for being a good value. Fire, police and security professionals wear them so that should tell you something. For analog watches the Citizen Eco drive and the Seiko 5 series are excellent buys for under $200, and also well liked. Timex Expedition and Campers are even cheaper and considered good buys. You can go down the rabbit hole looking at favorite watches on forums but for under $200 I think these probably comprise about 90% of the recommendations you'll see out there.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am confused i thought that Casio watches were the .. G-Shock watches..

OP
OP
Butter Hat

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casio makes all grades of watches. The one DH found in his drawer was probably on sale for $10.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread