🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay Int'l Shipping Nightmare Help Please

This is why I hate to ship overseas!

USMC Marine Boots Hot Weather Combat Boots by Belleville Size 11 | eBay

My listing for the Marine boots went to Germany. I sent them to the Ky global shipping facility clearly wrapped, marked, etc, as to where they go. This morning I get an email from the buyer with 2 pics, that he received "i grips for squash" (?)! He even said, he thinks Hermes messed up the order. I don't even know what "i grips for squash" is. :BangHead: The pics, they look kinda look like little gripper handles, like for bicycle handlebars.

I'm on hold with ebay, for 36 minute wait, if my phone doesn't go dead.
Anyone else out there, ever have your customer get something different overseas, than what they ordered? :BangHead:
Or, any advice, at this point? Thanks a lot, guess we(I) get to try and learn something here. :dontknow: :BangHead:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This is why I refuse to use the eBay global service. I just refuse to sell overseas...hope fully you get it straightened out easily.

sent from a potato with gravy!!...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Maybe I grips for squash is grips for a racquet??

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know dram, when I made the listing I forgot to exclude overseas buyers, and this guy bid on it, before I could revise it.
I'm on hold right now and Glenn at ebay is checking it all out. They can see our emails back and forth and everything in the ebay correspondences. I would suppose they are trying to backtrack through the postal carrier.
I'll update ya'll, let you know what happens.

eta, I don't even care or have any concern about i grips, lol. thanks though, lol.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I know dram, when I made the listing I forgot to exclude overseas buyers, and this guy bid on it, before I could revise it.
I'm on hold right now and Glenn at ebay is checking it all out. They can see our emails back and forth and everything in the ebay correspondences. I would suppose they are trying to backtrack through the postal carrier.
I'll update ya'll, let you know what happens.

eta, I don't even care or have any concern about i grips, lol. thanks though, lol.
That's to bad he bought it that quickly. At least eBay can see all correspondence. I think it will all turn out in the end.

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glenn at ebay said he is making a report for the Global Shipping department and they (GS), will email me and the buyer within 72 hours.
He said I am covered, that I did everything right. He said there is no way to really know if the buyer got the wrong stuff, but the shipping company would be in touch with him. I hope the shipping company could actually find his item and deliver it to him. Guess we'll see in 72 hours what the deal may be.
Yeah, I really needed this....... :BangHead: I am still thankful though, life could be worse.......

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is exactly why the global shipping program is good. There is a problem but it ain't yo problem. You have delivery confirmation to Kentucky, you are golden.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed. I'd rather have ebay's GSP people screw it up and have to deal with it themselves then to have to try and figure out where my item is in some foreign postal system.

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
I will occasionally put up world wide auctions, but never again with GSP. The two times I got a buyer from overseas thru GSP, he was ready to pay but they never acknowledged either of us. Eventually I just worked out the calculations and sent my own invoice w/shipping, and after payment mailed it direct myself. The other time we just agreed to cancel and I auctioned it again without GSP or foreign shipping.

Yes, pat-tekker-cat, we both need to find that setting that leaves GSP unchecked. I've been to lazy to look for it.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never use GSP. My settings don't show any international shipping but I say I'll ship internationally in my description. I'm happy to have the buyers. I mostly just ship first class post, the cheapest possible, at my cost plus 10% to cover final value fee. I print the label like any other. You have to sign it. I shipped a game to Australia to a dealer who in turn sold it to the National Museum of Australia. I have personally bought things from people in Europe, China, wherever and they get here fine.

But then I read this thread, and I think OMG

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glenn at ebay said he is making a report for the Global Shipping department and they (GS), will email me and the buyer within 72 hours.
He said I am covered, that I did everything right. He said there is no way to really know if the buyer got the wrong stuff, but the shipping company would be in touch with him. I hope the shipping company could actually find his item and deliver it to him. Guess we'll see in 72 hours what the deal may be.
Yeah, I really needed this....... :BangHead: I am still thankful though, life could be worse.......

They said you are covered, so what are you stressing about?

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all, at least if Ky recv'd it, like he and you all said, I should be good.
It almost seemed like for a moment, he(ebay) wanted to infer, since there was no way to KNOW if the buyer got what I sent....... then went in to the "GSP will email both of you in 72 hours" spill. It's kinda hard to mistake light squash grip thingys for 5 1/2 lb boots.

Not stressing too bad there Joe. It's just aggravating and takes productive time away from other things I could be doing. Just because someone "says" something, I've come to learn, the reality of it can still turn out different.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never use GSP. My settings don't show any international shipping but I say I'll ship internationally in my description. I'm happy to have the buyers. I mostly just ship first class post, the cheapest possible, at my cost plus 10% to cover final value fee. I print the label like any other. You have to sign it. I shipped a game to Australia to a dealer who in turn sold it to the National Museum of Australia. I have personally bought things from people in Europe, China, wherever and they get here fine.

But then I read this thread, and I think OMG

I posted this, and then last night the good news was I got a buy-it-now on a $100 cast iron coffee grinder that my fiance found for $1. The bad news is that they are in Korea (south of course). Guess they couldn't wait to ask for a shipping quote, like I put in the auction. I sent them an invoice with the $40 shipping it will cost. We'll see what happens.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Joe Cool says, I think you should be fine. The matter is out of your hands once it has been delivered to the Pitney-Bowes Global shipping center in Erlanger, Ky.. That's the way I read the policy. That's one of the reasons I use the GSP. Haven't had a problem yet that wasn't resolved in my favor.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
main reason I don't ship international. The other is international buyers always fight me on the shipping. They say the flat rate packages will ship to isreal for 12.95, ha! not from Ashland ohio they wont. More like 64.32, that's just one example. Another was to Ontario tried to use flat rate like the PO said I could. buyer paid that shipping I ended up eating 30 bucks of shipping outta my own pocket. Dude wouldn't cancel the transaction, so no more international.

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can charge quite a bit for overseas shipping and still be attractive to most buyers. Easy enough to just use the overpriced Flat Rate Boxes as a compromise for your international option. People still buy, I have made thousands in sales this way. Not the best strategy if you're selling very competitive items, but giving the option is a no-brainer in a lot of cases.

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, no email from the GSP. Did Glenn at ebay lie to me? :icon_scratch: :laughing7:
or even make a report, note the account, anything? See, just cause someone says something.......
Now, I'm uncertain what to do, so I sent an email to ebay, asking advice, let it go, am I covered, what?
I probably shouldn't have done that (jason in enid or is it tom in calif (?), would not be proud I poked the bear, lol), but, it does document that I am not trying to scam, being unreachable, or trying to avoid the issue.
SO...........:happy1: guess we'll see what happens......

Gino, I don't mind shipping to Oz or if I know the buyer/person I'm shipping to. I used to ship all over the world, it just seems last few yrs, it's just more headache/hassle than reward. It's kind of like doing business on CL. I don't accept just text/email to meet. I have to talk to you on the phone. It's hard to "read" a person via text/email, but you can get a "feel" for someone, when speaking with them. At least, that's what I find.
So far, so good. :icon_scratch: tap on wood :laughing7:

Thanks guys, digs, 5&10,, paleo joe, what happened with your Korean coffee grinder?

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Well I hope you get it straightened out soon.

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I would let it go at this point and not speak unless spoken too. I know you want to have the appearance of being available, but what is it you want to be available for exactly? Do you want to give a refund or ship out more product?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this ever happens again just apologize to the customer and refer them to the shipping company that made the mistake. Pitney Bowes is the responsible party here, not you. Your job/responsibilty was done once the package showed delivery confirmation to Erlanger, KY.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread