Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mailed the aviator glasses on the 9th , the day after he paid . His address is confirmed by Paypal . The tracking number says that this morning it arrived at his P.O. & is out for delivery .I successfully transferred the money to my bank account . Last night I get this email from Ebay -

Hello mojjax,
We had to cancel bids for the buyer, goandhappy, because they aren't registered on eBay:
131392371291 - VTG American Optical 1-10 12K GF 5 1/2 Aviator Sunglasses Vietnam Era

In these types of situations, we'll credit the final value fee for removed listings won by this buyer, and also the insertion fee if it was a single-quantity listing.

- We have credited any associated fees to your account.

We've also made it easy to relist your item if it was removed. Although the item is no longer available in search listings, you will find it in the Sold section of My eBay. For more information, please visit:
Relisting your item

--Selling tip--
To help you avoid this situation in the future, consider setting a Buy It Now price and requiring buyers to make an immediate payment. For more information on immediate payments, visit:
Understanding immediate payment

We recommend you take the following actions if this buyer won the item:
- If you haven't received payment, don't complete the sale or send the item to the buyer.
- Don't communicate with the buyer directly.
- Verify any payments you've been notified of by logging into your PayPal account (or other online payment service).
- If the buyer requests a refund or additional payments, don't send any money without contacting eBay first.
- If you've already sent the item, try contacting the shipping carrier to find out if you can stop shipment.

If you have any concerns or questions, click "Help & Contact" at the top of most eBay pages.

We're sorry for this inconvenience, and thanks for continuing to work with us.Thanks,

eBay

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It came through Ebay messages on my "My Ebay " page - I checked my seller account - they refunded all the selling fees .

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same thing happen. Bidder won item and paid on November 19th. On December 13th, I get the same message you did about "Suspicious Buyer". EBay refunds the fees. I still had the buyer's money. I can't imagine eBay being that charitable so I wonder if there is some sort of strange law at work here.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I suspect they made the purchase fraudulently. Either with a bad credit card, or paypal account. They are not going to tell you if this is the case. They do not want any bad press.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect they made the purchase fraudulently. Either with a bad credit card, or paypal account. They are not going to tell you if this is the case. They do not want any bad press.
I agree. The bank or financial institution that the credit or debit card came from will probably be the ones eating the loss. He was probably using a stolen card or card number.

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes sense. Ebay wouldn't want to profit from that transaction. The takeaway here is that we hope our customers are using stolen cards so we don't pay fees.

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if you got paid and you got your seller fee refunded it sounds like a win win. People get their accounts shut down or cancelled all the time. Just be thankful you got yours. As long as you don't send items before they are paid for then you shouldn't have an issue. Make sure payment clears and you are ok.

If ebay had done this before you shipped the item THEN you should have just refunded the money and relisted the item.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread