Saw a neat jewelry/small object staging technique, thought Id share

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw a neat jewelry/small object staging technique, thought I'd share

While browsing eBay I found a seller who uses a very small amount (think pea-sized) of white poster putty or clay to stage jewelry pieces for pictures. This allows you stand things upright or at any angle for clear pics without requiring stands etc. I'm definitely going to try this, thought some of you might appreciate it also.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tip !

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was at the jewelry store today, there was another jeweler in the store. He mentioned something for your cell phone to take pictures of jewelry with. Of course, I don't remember what it is ... I think he said something dome?

edited to add- found it
Nimbus Cloud Dome for Smartphones

OP
OP
kali_is_my_copilot

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome! I'm not going to drop that kind of cash on one but we're already working on a diy version! If we make any progress I'll post build notes on TNet. And no I'm not taking about trying to rip off their design, more of a build-it-better sort of thing, I just think it's a cool concept plus my other half promised me a tripod for my phone that has yet to materialize so maybe he can kill two birds with one productivity-improving stone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions