Are your notifications on the Ebay way delayed?

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not seem to have any problems with notifications.

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder what is up. It's taking up to 12 hours for them to show up.

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
Yes, sometimes they don't show up until the next day. I dunno what the deal is.
Phil

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problems here with Chrome. I just relisted a requested item for a customer and it showed bought and paid, within a couple minutes of me messaging him that I relisted it for him.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I used to get notifications almost immediately. Like, if I accept an offer, 5 seconds later, kaching! Now, it's taking hours for notifications to show up. Messages, winning bids, etc. Anyone else have an issue?

I have an Android if that makes any difference.

eBay (mobile) on my iPhone has been troublesome for me as far as parcel tracking/updates... I get the "mailing label created" and then the package is delivered before it updates all the waypoints along the journey...

But maybe thats a USPS issue?

~Tejaas~

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a buyer send me 10 (yeah, 10!) messages on Friday that showed up on my Ebay app notifications today.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a buyer send me 10 (yeah, 10!) messages on Friday that showed up on my Ebay app notifications today.
The ebay mobile app. sucks as far as instant messaging goes, but it does pretty good at putting in last second bids, with my phone anyways.

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Just to update ... I uninstalled and re-installed the app. Twice. I finally got frustrated enough to call Ebay. Turns out I am not the only one with issues. Others have reported it; they are working on the problem. *sigh. Problem is, if I get a message, I like to be able to respond rather than rely on getting an email saying I have a message. Oh well. Whatever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread