2 unpaid strikes?

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a watch up. One guy in the UK and one in the Netherlands are trying to buy it, but they keep getting error messages, like I don't ship to that country.
Beachkid said maybe it's cuz they have 2 unpaid strikes. Should I ask them point blank if they do? I've tried everything else. EBay is useless in helping, telling me my auction is expired when it clearly had 29 days left. Both want me to just send them a PayPal invoice for the total including shipping.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Shot in the dark - did a search and found (don't know if this applies)...

Sounds like you have the PayPal PFEI block (Superblock) enabled. We had this turned off for all users back in February, but if you re-enabled it in the meantime then it could be causing the problems.

Immediate Resolution: Go into your PayPal account and turn off the Send Money block. That will allow PayPal payments through eBay to start working. eBay payments fail when both the Send Money block and the PFEI block are enabled on an account, so removing one will get things to work.

Final Resolution: Contact PayPal and have them remove the PFEI block from your account. There's a special process for that, and I'm going to assume you're familiar with it since you would have had to turn it back on after we had it removed for you. Once that has been removed, you can turn the Send Money block back on in your PayPal account and eBay payments will still work fine.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Just found this...

Seller can set their account to block the following

You can block buyers from bidding on or purchasing your items by specifying buyer requirements. You can block buyers who:
Don't have a PayPal account
Have unpaid items recorded on their account
Have a primary shipping address in countries you don’t ship to
Have reportedly violated eBay policies
Have a Feedback score lower than the number you specify
Are currently winning or have bought 1-100 of your items in the last 10 days (you can specify the number)​

Perhaps you fall into one of those listed?

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, I have it set up to not ship to certain countries, and block ppl with 2 unpaid strikes. I'm just not sure if I should ask the ppl having problems of they have 2 unpaid strikes against them.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Understood and noticed they want you to send them a Invoice for payment. IMHO - I would be a little concerned about going outside the normal process - wonder if they would get the merchandise and then protest the sale and get their money back? I don't know - something just isn't right. Good luck!!!!

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Understood and noticed they want you to send them a Invoice for payment. IMHO - I would be a little concerned about going outside the normal process - wonder if they would get the merchandise and then protest the sale and get their money back? I don't know - something just isn't right. Good luck!!!!

Don't know what might be blocking these buyers, but I'm with vpnavy here. It raises a red flag with me when buyers try to circumvent the normal process. If it's a decent item, described well and priced correctly, you'll eventually get another buyer to come along.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to MyeBay- account- site preferences- selling preferences- Buyer requirements- Buyer Requirements Activity Log- and it will show you the list of buyers you have blocked in the past 60 days using your Buyer Requirements like- Have a primary shipping address in a location I don't ship to or Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s)

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a glitch. I spoke with eBay. It's a known glitch, and it's not just me. It'll take them 2-3 days to fix it. Grrr.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread