eBay: I cant believe it

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eBay: I can't believe it

Let's face it, this topic section is usually boring so let's spice it up!! What have you sold that shocked you? That you were surprised it went for that much? Or that one item you thought you would never sell? What's your surprise!!?!?

Mine was this brooch, paid $15. Sold for $100. To be honest though, just about everything I sell on eBay surprises me that that there's someone out there to buy it!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=371341828572&globalID=EBAY-US

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Outstanding and you made a Ebay'er happy in the process - win win!

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold some of my daughter's Liv Dolls that she no longer wanted. She had 6 dolls plus a lot of accessories like clothing, shoes, even had a toy kayak with a little oar and lifevest. I wasn't sure what this goes for, but past sales had me thinking $30, maybe $40 on a good day. It sold for 90 bucks! Who knew? :dontknow:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a heads-up for you ebay guys. Look up "vintage spray paint cans" and go to sold listings, priced highest first. A friend of mine's cousin in Michigan sells these things on ebay and has got over $300 for a single 1970s EMPTY spray paint can!! Look for these at garage and estate sales, some of them are like gold!! It is truly amazing what some folks collect and pay good money for.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a heads-up for you ebay guys. Look up "vintage spray paint cans" and go to sold listings, priced highest first. A friend of mine's cousin in Michigan sells these things on ebay and has got over $300 for a single 1970s EMPTY spray paint can!! Look for these at garage and estate sales, some of them are like gold!! It is truly amazing what some folks collect and pay good money for.

Okay, now that is just plain nuts. One can went for $450!! :o It says never used, so I guess it's still full of paint, but still.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Okay, now that is just plain nuts. One can went for $450!! :o It says never used, so I guess it's still full of paint, but still.

Here's a thread with good information (mixed in) on which spray cans are worth getting. It includes replies by someone who actually collects them- http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/306121-items-keep-look-out.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions