1treasurehunter1

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett Sea Hunter MK2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seller hasn't shipped item after 2 weeks

Hey everyone,

I got a great deal on an 18k gold engagement ring from a new seller. New without tags, according to the listing. The seller also had a new without tags wedding dress. So I purchased it expecting it to be real.

The seller was pushing me to pay immediately right after I bought it, sent me the same message about three times within five hours. As soon as I paid they printed the shipping label, immediately.

Its been two weeks and they have not handed the parcel over to the post office. I messaged them and they told me that they would hand it over on Monday but now its Thursday and they haven't done so yet.

I got it for only $65.

What would you do in this situation?

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
File a case. They will probably never send it and if they do they may send you "a replacement" ring. It's clear they don't want to send it to you. Open a case and get your money back, they'll be out the shipping cost but oh well. (Just my two cents)

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone,

I got a great deal on an 18k gold engagement ring from a new seller. New without tags, according to the listing. The seller also had a new without tags wedding dress. So I purchased it expecting it to be real.

The seller was pushing me to pay immediately right after I bought it, sent me the same message about three times within five hours. As soon as I paid they printed the shipping label, immediately.

Its been two weeks and they have not handed the parcel over to the post office. I messaged them and they told me that they would hand it over on Monday but now its Thursday and they haven't done so yet.

I got it for only $65.

There is literally nothing to think about.

Ebay has you covered in situations like this. Happens ALL the time.

File a claim, get your money back, leave a negative, and move on.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have opened that claim after a week, especially since they harassed you for immediate payment....but that's just me.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone,

I got it for only $65.

Great deal....from a new seller.....on a gold ring.....pressured you to pay immediately.....no warning bells went off? What are you waiting for?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes file a claim and please do not forget to leave this seller negative feedback immediately! Something to the effect of "instantly harassed for immediate payment never shipped item filed for refund" It will fit.

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I would have opened that claim after a week, especially since they harassed you for immediate payment....but that's just me.

A week? Three business days and I would have filed, as this was a new seller with no positive reputation.

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread