cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a message from ebay saying I was no longer top rated. I could not even reply to that message but I still wanted to give FleeBay a piece of my mind. So I tried tracking down a way to respond. I went deeper into their website and where did it send me? Not to any customer service person or even a customer service email address that never gets read. It sent me to someplace that is only read by other sellers. EBAY COMMUNITY MEMBER TO MEMBER SUPPORT. Since it is only a spot that can not help me at all my message turned into a rant.

Here is the message I left.
==========================================================

I just got a message from ebay and there is no option to send a message back. They make it very hard to communicate.

It said I am no longer top rated and go to my dashboard to find out why. Well my dashboard said.
If we evaluated you today your seller level would be TOP RATED
Every single performance level is great.
Doesn't one computer talk to another? I am sure this is all software doing this.
No way does a human ever even have anything to do with this fluff award.
Top Rated means nothing to me. My feedback is 995 with 100% and zero returns.
That is what counts when a future customer looks to see if I am a flake.

I have never seen any fee discount even though ebay flaunts 20%, it must be top rated + something else.
They are always coming up with new things and dropping old I do not even try to keep up with their **bleep**.
I give good products, good prices and good service. That is what matters, not some mathematical algorithm programmed into some computer.

I am sure ebay has an office stuffed with "suits" that their only job is come up with new and different rules on how to screw sellers and reward buyers and if they do not do this they are not doing their job and thus get fired. So you know they are going to come up with something and make up a reason why it is better for you the seller. I have always said "What do old retired politicians do? They get a job on ebay coming up with convoluted rules and then making up lies why it is good for you"

Ok rant over. Hope I don't get kicked off ebay. It is a good place to sell.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never pay attention to their requirements for top what ever. If I wanted a boss I would go find a real job. If I want to ship in 1 day fine I will do it, if not I have 3 days to do so. I put in track numbers but not for eba but for my customers benefit. I here want you are saying and it is a valid Rant.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here is a followup on my ebay post.
I just got a message from ebay with this header:
oneoldbuffalo, take 2 minutes to share feedback on your recent eBay online support experience

I gave them my mind, I kept it civil but I am sure it will be deleted.

I went back to the COMMUNITY and my rant was gone. Someone deleted it. I did see I was in the right place because I had posted 3 questions over the last 7 years.

Somehow (I just noticed) my power seller badge is back. Dosen't really matter I still won't get any fee discount.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's okay. I am still top rated plus but it doesn't show the stupid little badge on my listings either. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. I don't have time to mess with ebay anyway at the moment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread