Is There a best duration for buy it now with best offer?

twobigwheels

Oct 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not advice, just how I do it. If I know it will be a slow sell I go fix priced for 30 days or I know what I want for an item. I normally only use auction if I do not know what the item is really worth so I let the market set the price. With newly listed and ending soon, dont know if people shop that way. Experiment and see what happens.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
There is a formula that eBay uses to decide what order to put listings when someone does a search that doesn't specify newly listed or price or whatever. Some things that help you get to the top is free shipping, how often you list, how many items you have listed, if you are a Top Rated Seller, etc. Having said that, I haven't been able to find out exactly what gets a listing priority & doubt anyone else knows either. I do mostly BIN & list for 30 days with good until cancelled, mainly because I like to LIFI (list it forget it). IMO if it's priced right it will sell eventually.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I get multiples of something I will list all of them at by now. Then once they're all up I will auction a couple of them and say in my listing please check my store for other items like this. That way you might get somebody who will buy the auction when others my come in and buy it now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread