How to find true price when it is a "best offer".

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Okay. I'm trying to figure out how you can tell how much an item truly sold for when it sold for a best offer. The results page just shows the original asking price. You used to be able to go to the bottom right of the results page and hit the "print" button and it would give you a printable ready page complete with actual price page. But, no more print button.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
When they changed the system to where the print button no longer worked I started sorting by price. That gives you a ballpark range. There is a new way to do it but I never bothered to learn.

OP
OP
vwayne1

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Those are both good ideas. But both are too time-consuming. I look up many hundreds of items at a stretch while I am researching. It would take too much time to go to another site to look up each individual item for the true price realized. Anybody else have any ideas?

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Unless the item you are researching only has a few sold what difference does it make? If there are 50 completed listings with 20 sold listings that range from $xx-yy each you can bet the few that sold "best offer" were in that range. If it wasn't then it's an outlier that can't be relied on. If you absolutely have to know you could keep a separate window open to watchcount.com & cut/paste the item number.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread