Ebay visibility question. Can you see it?!?!?

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel like I'm going mental. I have two listings (one with a bid) that are very clearly active auctions, but when I search for them, absolutely nowhere to be found. Why? Can you see these items?

This listing for instance:

VTG Shinsei Red LAMBORGHINI COUNTACH 5000S RC Car 1:12 49mhz W/box Near Mint!! | eBay

After you view it directly following the link, please search for "Shinsei Lamborghini" and tell me if my item pulls up in the search? I can't find it on my PC or on mobile search, or on the ebay app.

I swear there's an easy answer. I'd call eBay customer service but I'm not crazy. Figured a fine individual here could talk me off a ledge. :headbang::icon_thumleft:

Brad

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
You do realize I can't even find "Shinsei Lamborghini" when I am on your page! Otherwise you are correct - I search on "VTG Shinsei Red LAMBORGHINI" with both "title" and "description" selected and it doesn't show up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DFW_THer

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bizarre. Only when you click on my store name does it pull the items.

OP
OP
DFW_THer

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hung up with eBay customer service. "Did you revise it? Are you on vacation mode? We'll have to call you back in 10-15 minutes to figure it out.." I said great.. If I'm not getting item traffic, then I'm going to need a final value credit. LOL

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It ain't just you. When I search eBay for Shinsei Lamborghini, yours does not come up in the results (5 total). Nor when I search for Shinsei Red Lamborghini, which was part of your exact auction title (0 results found).

I've seen this brought up multiple times on the eBay Community weekly chat with their staff. Seems to be something with the Cassini search engine and I believe it also affects results when doing a Google search and wanting to get eBay hits in the results.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be why my viewings are down too, *******s.

Who would have guessed a fatherless child would be a banned word.

OP
OP
DFW_THer

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could be why my viewings are down too, *******s.

Who would have guessed a fatherless child would be a banned word.

Site can be quite hypocritical at times. Someone can post up and joke about metal detecting a sex toy and post pictures with four pages of heavy sexual innuendo, but god forbid you write the word b******s in the ebay forum.

OP
OP
DFW_THer

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been on the line with ebay customer service for 40 minutes because I'm absolutely insane. That is after my first call was disconnected. On my 5th agent for this phone call. What an insufferable mass of idiots.

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like the others, it doesn't come up in a search, or as one of your 'other items'. Very weird.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been on the line with ebay customer service for 40 minutes because I'm absolutely insane. That is after my first call was disconnected. On my 5th agent for this phone call. What an insufferable mass of idiots.
I have never had to call ebay, but it sounds like you are on the line with AT&T. If that is the level of stupidity you are dealing with, lord have mercy on your soul.

OtakuDude

Apr 16, 2007
Monee, IL
Same for me. I did a search for 'Shinsei Lamborghini' as you asked and while five items did come up, yours was not among them.

Ebay's had this problem for years now and I can't seem to figure out what causes it. Sometimes when I list an item, it won't be found for days and other times when I list, it's viewable within minutes.

That's one of the reasons I went with a store instead of just using the 50 free listings they offer. Items are posted for a month and if/when they fail to sell, they're automatically relisted. I figure that if I post items under these conditions, eventually everything I offer for sale will become viewable by the customer base at large.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure I've noticed different search results on my phone vs PC.

OP
OP
DFW_THer

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same for me. I did a search for 'Shinsei Lamborghini' as you asked and while five items did come up, yours was not among them.

Ebay's had this problem for years now and I can't seem to figure out what causes it. Sometimes when I list an item, it won't be found for days and other times when I list, it's viewable within minutes.

That's one of the reasons I went with a store instead of just using the 50 free listings they offer. Items are posted for a month and if/when they fail to sell, they're automatically relisted. I figure that if I post items under these conditions, eventually everything I offer for sale will become viewable by the customer base at large.

I have a store too, but been doing more auctions recently. I like the 'good till canceled' method an maybe I'll just have to go back to it... Ebay has too large a footprint in the online marketplace to be having issues of this nature. It baffles me.

OP
OP
DFW_THer

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Posted to ebay community and one nice user identified the issue:

Answer:

If you're currently selecting the Local Pickup option, this may be the problem. NOTE: I do not know if this has been fixed as of this email, but ...
I posted two auctions, this week, and used the "Local Pickup" option. Subsequently, those two new auctions would not show up in search results. I called eBay and the tech confirmed that this is a currently existing "glitch" (that was her term).
I unchecked the option and, after several minutes, my auctions were searchable.
If this is your problem, just know that eBay told me they will be fixing this. So the feature may work again, soon.

I can also point to another scenario with this problem.
See my message posted in this thread:
http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Listings-not-showing-up-in-search-results/qaq-p/26913057/commen...

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting that - looks like im going to have to go thru and uncheck that box on my listings. Yeesh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread