cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to call ebay today. The lady was too helpful but can't complain about that. (had to listen to her philosophy on why I should always put the cost of shipping and ebay fees in my asking price and then offer "free shipping")

She told me a lot of calls are about bugs.

My bugs were:

I wanted to issue a partial shipping refund through ebay and not paypal because A $10 refund through PP will still cost me a $1 ebay fee. She said "I will make you a deal, you issue refund on PP and I will give you a fee credit." That was fine with me to get my dollar back. I sold 9 rolls of wheatie cents the fees for the entire sale should be $4.44 but I just added them up she gave me a $9.44 fee credit. Hope she does not get in trouble.

another bug, (happened twice this week) I make a sale and the auction items are still live. she went in a deleted them. I could do that.

another bug on the main page of MY EBAY SELLING shows I have "Unsold (1)" I click on it and next page I see "Unsold: Not relisted yet (0)" All I got out of her was HUH? I gusee she had never seen that before.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She had good advice on the rolling your shipping into your item price. I changed a few of my stale listings to reflect "free" shipping and they started selling. People just like to see the word FREE even though it is in no way, shape or form free.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People just like to see the word FREE even though it is in no way, shape or form free.
People are gullible that is why you see so many commercials on TV and scams on the internet. people will fall for anything.

More than half my auctions are free shipping if the USPS isn't too high. If I have to add $6.80 priority to some of my current auctions that will more than double my price (100 wheat cents $6.50 but I point out they can buy all 14 lots and still only have one ship charge)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread