What would you do?

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
You sold something to a paying customer; normal practice is to allow the paying customer to have their product.

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold a $75 item today. Buyer joined ebay today. Buyer has paid but I'm not feeling very good about this.....thoughts?

Hello 1320, I have sold several items to buyers with only a couple or no feedback. Most problems arise when getting paid.
Usually happens with a unique listing, but at this point you have very little to worry about.
Chances are he is a genuine first time buyer and feeling a bit uneasy too.

Your Bud Aurum

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your item is as described and they have paid for it, I don't foresee any problems. Could be you had a unique item that was finally enough to get them off the fence and create an eBay account.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I sell to people with 0 feedback quite a bit of the time. The only issue I've ever had was non-payment in which case I relist after the UnPaid Item (UPI) case closes. I also sell to a lot of people with several hundred to several thousand feedback. For some reason a relatively large percentage of those people don't pay until after the UPI has been opened.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I always video the state of the item, weighing the item and putting into the shipping box that has a mark on the carton.
Also, in the video, I will take a shot of the shipping label with the box on the scale showing the weight.
Never ever had a problem with this method but I haven't been tested and have sold to noobs with zero eBay experience. Best of luck.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold alot on ebay to whoever paid never had a problem really

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never ever had a problem with this method but I haven't been tested and have sold to noobs with zero eBay experience. Best of luck.

Just today had a noob (8 feedback) send me a message that I have paypal problems because he tried to place a bid and ebay would not accept it. I told him to try again. Paypal has nothing to do with ebay until after you win the bid. Told him to try again. He is now the high bidder by 50¢

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never had a problem with new buyers. Send it with a tracking number.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been fortunate enough to never have a problem with payment, but NEVER ship until the payment is received and/'or the check clears.
luvsdux

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just had an individual that goes by the ebay handle darley2044, refuse to pay for an item he won by bidding $122.29. He had over 1000 positive feedbacks. I e-mailed him and asked him why did he bid on something he never intended to pay for?? No reply....black list him.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
everyone was a New Ebay user at some point,
from the day Ebay was invented.
including you once :thumbsup:

I would imagine a large quantity joined because they saw and wanted to buy something :coffee2:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...darley2044, refuse to pay for an item he won by bidding $122.29
make sure ebay dings him. something like that happened to me a while back and I waited too long to leave neg feedback. When I decided to do that all record of the auction was gone. I could not leave any feedback. I won the case with ebay and then they deleted everything.

Maybe this buyer was selling something very similar and wanted to get yours off so his would stand out.
Forget that idea.

I just did a search on darley2044
He/she is only a buyer. He/she has never sold on ebay, at least under that name. Of course, as a BUYER, he/she does not have any negative FB points. So he/she could be doing things all the time and still have a 100% positive reputation. He/she never leaves any kind of feedback other than the letter J.

LoganFlame

Jul 4, 2017
New Pekin, IN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Garrets Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tracking number, have that and your a little safer!! If you don't want the new bidders best to put that in description so they know not to buy from you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions