Looks like ebay is going the Amazon way

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I happen to think it's pretty cool that Tiredman has a way to make things work for him and appreciate the sharing of information.
Kinda curious, as to what type of books Tiredman writes, novels, history, how to, fiction, just curious.....

The above is one of the reasons I shut everything down..... and numerous deaths in the family, having probate and estate dumped on me, and various other reasons.....
I can go hock wares on the beach to tourists and make more in one day, than I can all week, online.
Thanks for the sharing Tiredman, (from a tiredwoman, lol).

Wonder what type of books we do? Lost treasure stuff! My wife says I can't write worth a damn. It all started with an idea and my wife has some good computer skills or it never would of happened. Just go Amazon books and type in " lost treasure Montana" since we started our Yellowstone Country has held number one, but we plan to enlarge the book since the last 4 in the series are between 400-540 pages each.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
The books do well with tourist areas, museum gift shops, being lost treasures, regional history and westerns all rolled into one, with topo maps showing the locations. Best of all the books are already written! You just find the pieces and put them together.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The books do well with tourist areas, museum gift shops, being lost treasures, regional history and westerns all rolled into one, with topo maps showing the locations. Best of all the books are already written! You just find the pieces and put them together.

To sell in tourist areas and gift shops you would have to deliver real books. Producing a real book is time consuming and very expensive even if it is already written. I work at my local museum they had a local book that was out of print and all copies were sold years ago. The curator found out I used to be in the printing business and asked me to re-print the book. I redesigned it to be modern perfect bound, it was plastic comb bound before. I also designed a new cover and got in touch with several printing companies for the best price. Since I did all this for free I saved our Historical Society a lot of money, even then the bill came to over $2000 for only 250 books.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Gee 250 of my first Montana book at $2.10 each falls under your price. We can do a book in just over a month start to finish. Local printers cost too much, I went away from that years ago. Now I can have full color with the Kindles.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope you take the time to glance at them, I provided the search terms to get there. Since you did a book project if you do another create space let's you do covers, interior, no publisher involved. Create what you are interested in from home and upload it electronically. Tonight at work I got to 460 of a 510 page book, on a first proof reading. Close to having another one up!

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
One co-worker does crafts with pine cones, wood burning and we swap locations and contact names. So you never can tell what a person might have to offer, their lead might be an idea or a place to market.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome, Tiredman!! You get your info from your own library, or the library, or ?

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
That is awesome, Tiredman!! You get your info from your own library, or the library, or ?

No libraries, just using prior authors material and selecting just key words. It evolved as any thing one does over time. Now it is just my name on the books and I approve what is used from my wife's searches. She formats and cover designs, I proof read and market. Get an order punch in books, quality and shipping address and place order. Then put invoice in envelope and mail it off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions