billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought an item on a BIN and was $50 lower than anywhere else. It was listed as the "3 of 3", with two others already sold. I checked out and paid. Four days later, seller refunds money saying "Company took back all his inventory and he had nothing." Ebay sends notice to me that said seller said "Buyer requested it canceled". I never requested anything.

I go back to buyer and see that TWO days after I bought my item, he listed and sold three more identical items that he said he didn't have.... 2 weeks before Christmas Report to Ebay was filed: No response. Second report to Ebay made but again no response!

What's UP?

Thanks,
Bill

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Appears to be standard procedures. A few months ago I bought an item and never heard from the seller. When I finally heard from the seller he apologized and said he made a mistake on the pricing. BEFORE I could reply (I was going to let him off the hook) - I got a EBay Notice that MY REQUEST TO CANCEL THE SALE WAS APPROVED! I never requested cancellation - HE DID. Anyway - just forget it - your time is worth more then playing the EBay game. Fortunately, it has only happened to me once...

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the practice of an Amazon drop shipper selling on eBay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread