Latest? Buyer

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
So I sell a lot of coins on eBay (about $1200/month). One of my listings is for a complete set of Philadelphia and a complete set of Denver Presidential Dollar coins in Whitman folders. It is clearly photographed (5 photographs of the 2 folders) and in the description of what is included in the listing. There are additional photos to show the origination of the coins from the US Mint issued rolls along with the empty folders. But it is clearly described to emphasize that the listing is for a single Philly folder and a single Denver folder. Starting bid of $99 + shipping.

So this one buyer bids and wins last night. I send them an invoice. No big deal as I've run this same listing for the past 2 months each week sending out a pair of folders to winning buyers. This guy says he was confused and he thought he was getting all the coins in the rolls. Despite the clear photos and description, this guy wanted over $1200 in coin for his $99 bid.

Nope. I'm usually pretty sympathetic to clarify misunderstandings as not every buyer uses English as their primary language, but who actually thinks they can bid $99 and receive $1200? I don't even know how to respond to they buyer without offending them. At some point, people are just dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:

randywa

Sep 29, 2017
S.W. Mo.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"At some point, people are just dumb." I don't believe truer words have ever be spoken.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or after the guys working in the woods dropped a tree on the high tension power lines this week - you can't fix stupid. Real life quote "I didn't realize they were there." Good thing the high tension one didn't come down all the way to the ground didn't or they would all have been dead, they were working in a marsh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions