Ebays New Fixed Price Policy
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Ebays New Fixed Price Policy

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Feb 2009
    Atlanta, Michigan
    Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
    336
    59 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Ebay's New Fixed Price Policy

    Ebay will begin making all BIN listings Good Til Cancelled, but they will automatically charge you a listing fee every 30 days for items that do not sell in the 30 day period.. If you only get 50 free listings a month, you better watch out or you will may get screwed. This takes place in a couple of weeks.Might be time for me to bail out. Even with all the free additional listings I get every month, I will have to closely watch my listings. Also the sales tax charge to certain states goes into effect soon. I like selling on ebay, but they are making it hard to stay in it. I have no store, ebay is not getting a penny extra from me for listings.
    Last edited by Atlanta Mi Dave; Feb 28, 2019 at 10:58 AM.
    Set your goals High, but your discrimination Low to achieve your desired success.

  2. #2
    us
    Apr 2014
    Midwest
    925
    1161 times
    Thrift Stores/Ebay
    I will have to check this out! I have noticed while using the app, certain listings would not give me the option to list for less than Good Til Cancelled.

  3. #3
    us
    Dec 2006
    Very Northern Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    4,431
    1996 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta Mi Dave View Post
    Also the sales tax charge to certain states goes into effect soon.
    It might have already started. I am in CA and just had a sale to IA.

    Total invoice to customer was $27 and they paid $27. Paypal got $27 and told me in an email.

    I get order ready to ship and print packing slip and it shows $1.18 tax and a total of $28.18

    I double check everything and no tax was charged customer or paid.

    I go to my fees page, ebay charged .80 for the shipping cost fee but did not charge me the $1.90 for the item fee.

    Somebody better check their programming. But you know what is going to happen. ebay is not going to eat this. they are going to go back and charge every seller the taxes they didn't get from the customer. This has probably been going on since the first of March. (2 days now)

    You know they will not try to collect it from the person who really owes it. They love their buyers and don't give a k-rap about the sellers because they know they can just tack it on to their monthly statement and then pull from paypal.
    When I did yard sales I was dollardan. No yard sales where I am now.

  4. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GMT, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    2,638
    3229 times
    Prospecting
    I was thinking about this last night. That's going to end my sale of prospecting equipment plans. Don't sell often enough to justify monthly fees.
    Jim

  5. #5
    us
    Nov 2009
    1,334
    1215 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdan View Post
    It might have already started. I am in CA and just had a sale to IA.

    Total invoice to customer was $27 and they paid $27. Paypal got $27 and told me in an email.

    I get order ready to ship and print packing slip and it shows $1.18 tax and a total of $28.18

    I double check everything and no tax was charged customer or paid.

    I go to my fees page, ebay charged .80 for the shipping cost fee but did not charge me the $1.90 for the item fee.

    Somebody better check their programming. But you know what is going to happen. ebay is not going to eat this. they are going to go back and charge every seller the taxes they didn't get from the customer. This has probably been going on since the first of March. (2 days now)

    You know they will not try to collect it from the person who really owes it. They love their buyers and don't give a k-rap about the sellers because they know they can just tack it on to their monthly statement and then pull from paypal.
    I've had a few sales where the buyer was charged sales tax since the beginning of the year. It's my understanding that eBay is required by a new piece of legislation to collect sales tax in states where they have a physical presence and the sales tax charged is a separate transaction between eBay & the buyer. In other words, the tax never goes through my account. I also checked fees on a couple of those sales & the numbers look right. I'll be keeping an eye on this but at this point think it's a non-issue.

  6. #6
    Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

    Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    24,111
    30905 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I think its because people list duplicate listings they change the price by a few cents and some wording in the title and have tons of listings of the same thing
    Inspector likes this.

    Approved TreasureNet Stickers

    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.

    (Free Shipping)


    SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

  7. #7
    us
    Feb 2009
    Atlanta, Michigan
    Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
    336
    59 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    My bigger concern is ebay's new policy that all BIN item's will be Good Til Cancelled and every 30 days will be automatically relisted and if you don't have any free listings left you will be charged a relisting fee based on listing price. This is in the latest Seller Update I got last week.
    A2coins likes this.
    Set your goals High, but your discrimination Low to achieve your desired success.

  8. #8
    us
    Feb 2014
    1,293
    948 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta Mi Dave View Post
    My bigger concern is ebay's new policy that all BIN item's will be Good Til Cancelled and every 30 days will be automatically relisted and if you don't have any free listings left you will be charged a relisting fee based on listing price. This is in the latest Seller Update I got last week.
    Yeah, that is complete bull crap. They're going to have to change that

  9. #9
    ca
    Jun 2011
    burlington ontario
    2 bounty hunter 2200's garrett at pro 2 garrett pro pointers
    196
    140 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    does this poiicy apply when you have an ebay store? will we have to pay when our good till cancled items relist too?im from canada btw, but this is the first ive heard this thanks

  10. #10
    Paypal has a call center in Maryland. I'm in Maryland. Maybe I should have a yard sale instead.
    boogeyman likes this.

  11. #11
    us
    Dec 2006
    Very Northern Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    4,431
    1996 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho View Post
    I was thinking about this last night. That's going to end my sale of prospecting equipment plans. Don't sell often enough to justify monthly fees.Jim
    Just keep your items to less than 50 a month.
    When I did yard sales I was dollardan. No yard sales where I am now.

  12. #12
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GMT, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    2,638
    3229 times
    Prospecting
    Yup...what Dan said. The new rule has little effect on small sellers. (like me) LOL
    Jim

  13. #13
    us
    Dec 2006
    Very Northern Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    4,431
    1996 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdan View Post
    Just keep your items to less than 50 a month.
    Last weekend Ebay had a “list 200” items feature. My 46 listings were going to expire in a couple of days and with the perminanent BIN I would only be able to list four more for the entire month. So what I did was cancel all my auctions and resist right away using up from the 200. Only took about 45 minutes. So now I still have about 45 of the 50.
    When I did yard sales I was dollardan. No yard sales where I am now.

  14. #14
    us
    Feb 2014
    1,293
    948 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    That's a good idea Dan. I marked mine that are now good till cancelled so that I can end them myself right before they expire, but I'll have to use that on promotions that I don't use all of.

  15. #15
    us
    Dec 2006
    Very Northern Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    4,431
    1996 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    That's a good idea Dan. I marked mine that are now good till cancelled so that I can end them myself right before they expire, but I'll have to use that on promotions that I don't use all of.
    I use auction.com for all my listings. If I cancel on feebly I can immediately go there and realist. I have never done any listings directly on the bay. They store all my old auctions and photos forever unless I delete them. I do not like the owner company but they are the only game in town.

    Alibaba owns them, a Chinese company known for selling counterfeit items in USA. (Alibaba.com)
    When I did yard sales I was dollardan. No yard sales where I am now.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Did ebay change their policy?
    By buzzhead in forum All Things eBay
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jun 12, 2015, 11:33 AM
  2. Auction vs fixed price
    By mugsisme in forum All Things eBay
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 09, 2015, 02:30 PM
  3. No more free fixed price... even during a promotion?
    By Baltimore in forum All Things eBay
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Sep 26, 2014, 03:18 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Apr 05, 2012, 10:05 PM
  5. Bought Coinmaster 6000Di from Ebay/ toggle switch broken..be fixed ?
    By Jaw Jah Danny in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Jun 13, 2009, 07:28 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0