• LoopedQuadransLowRes.jpg
    LoopedQuadransLowRes.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,340
OP
OP
Gunner

Gunner

Dec 19, 2004
Thank you Michigan Badger for supporting my theory. I believe that the "hung above the door" thing is garbage and false! This is 1/2 of the reason I bought this artifact. We are not all that different from our ancestors and we wear coins around our necks do we not?!?!?!? In my opinion...here is the proof!!! FYI..this is an Anonymous Quadrans from the period of emperor Hadrian......and it is the only one known of it's variant.....wonder why it is looped? ;)

Gunner

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Many years ago I read an article about Pompeii, in that article was a pic of one of the plaster body casts* that had a string of about 20 or 30 coins around his neck. HH omnicognic 8)

*the ash from the volcano covered and sealed the bodies, when these were found they poured in plaster and recreated the original body.

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These coins do look to be fitted for wearing around the neck or wrists...I do not know why this would be so hard for people to believe.....I am sure there are other more accepted theories....,,,but why would the bracelet /necklace theory be hard to accept.................I mean..............a man .........................wearing Robes...................................no wallet.............................
I don't think men ...........................even in ancient times.................................were willing.....................................................
............................to carry............................A..... P U R S E !

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think they would do that so they would not lose there coins,they wore alot of worn out clothes,holes in there pockets

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread