Help With ID antique pendant lamp

Talondale

Sep 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have an antique pendant lamp (I guess that's what you'd call it) we took out of our house we were renovating. The house was built in the late 20's/early 30's and this lamp was in the foyer.
20131202_220116_zps1e89c38a.jpg

There are no markings on it to tell me the maker, at least that I can find. It hangs from a medallion base which has a two prong plug outlet in it and the light has a plug coming up from the lamp. It appears to be cast iron. The glass has a stylized grape/berry vine design. The lamp itself is suspended by three chains that go up into a hanging base that actually has gears so the light can be lowered or raised.

20131202_220037_zpsa1a9c775.jpg

Any ideas of the maker, style or valuation of this item? We'd like to sell it to recoupe some of our renovation expenses.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Talondale

Sep 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One antique dealer told us he thinks it was an old gas or candle lamp that had been converted. The chains were to raise and lower the lamp for lighting. Which makes sense because the ceiling medallion with the plug built in is stamped metal while the rest is cast.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The metal frame if from a 'pull-down' oil lamp, although the shade is from a something else altogether.

If you like you can send an email to [email protected] I will give you more details an some pics.

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread