Anyone in the Phoenix area headed out this weekend?

OP
OP
Skywola

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Well actually, last night I woke up in the middle of the night and I thought about something that had happened the day before, I had gone to Tempe Beach Park, and by the baseball field, there were these stands that are quite old, so I thought, I'd better go back there and check that out more, that is a great place to look. So I went there and got about half way through it and hit two quarters back to back, nothing old, then a few pennys. Tempe Beach Park has been graded over or something.

Why is everything in AZ near water a "beach"? Where the hae is the sand? Can you not swim at a beach?

So then I said to myself, well, it's kinda late to head up to the Bradshaws, and I had gone by the beach a Saguaro Lake about two weeks ago, and decided, well, I'll go hit the beach. So I went up there and found about a handful of change, again, nothing very old, and I found two other significant things: A stainless steel lighter, the old type, in very good shape, and part of what may have been boat propeller, it was shaped like the fin of a shark with the back sharp. It wasn't worth anything, but I felt good about getting it off the beach, someone could have got hurt bad.
Someone there gave me what might be a real good tip on where to look, so I'll check out that possibility. When they gave me that tip, shortly after I found that stainless steel lighter and gave it to them, I had not use for it, and they were very pleased with it. So I did not make it to the Brashaws, but I still want to get up there, there is one particular area I want to look over.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions