• Old-Trees-03.jpg
    Old-Trees-03.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 294

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
i think the bottom picture of the trees is the one that has the old dug out to the right of it, then the cement slabs would be to the left of it Blackfoot

OP
OP
Skywola

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Fortunately, I took these photos in sequence, one after another as I walked in. That one was taken shortly after passing these wood pieces sticking out of the ground.

Attachments

• PIC_1362.jpg
    PIC_1362.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 281

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
so i am right the tree is between the dug out on the right and the cement slab on the left,they told me that wood sticking out was a well liner.
going on down the trail you are on there will be on your left a green brushy tree with branchs all the way to the ground,under it is a culvert sticking up out of the ground that went down into the water level used for a well also that is from what i was told by the old timers

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
I am indian and a hunter plus i spent 15 springs about 2 or 3 weeks at a time there hunting for the yellow metal there are many more places you can find gold outher than the ones i have told you about.

OP
OP
Skywola

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
I plan on getting out more often, I really enjoy getting out there, and it is not just for finding gold, that is certainly part of it, but I enjoy exploring places I have not been before, rock hounding, looking for meteorites, seeing different wild animals and rock formations. In this particular area, I think that it is Precambrian, which is some of the earliest layers of rock on earth.
I saw an elk in that area that was absolutely huge, I have never seen one that big before, I only wish I could have got a photo of him! . . .

OP
OP
Skywola

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Well, I could be mistaken, but I know for sure it had a different color pattern on its rump, somewhat like this one in the photo:
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...vTkPIN&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=1&ct=image

Looks like the mule deer have the same kind of thing . . .
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...nh=89&tbnw=134&prev=/images?q=Mule+deer&hl=en

Whatever it was, it was D**n awfully larger than anything I have ever seen! :icon_scratch:
When I saw its antlers, I was wondering how in the h**l it got through the trees in the woods, they were huge, and widely spread apart . . . .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread