Alta, in Pinal Co, Az

j.n.

Dec 31, 2007
phoenix az
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using the distants you have stated this was probably Magma where the Magma Railroad started and went to Superior. In the mid forties there were the remains of a town still evedent There were the remains of several buildings an in the fifties there was a family living there. The only problem is I never heard it called anthing but Magma.

I don't know what in particular you are looking for but last Saturday I took a ride through this area and despite having grown up in this general location I got lost a couple of times due to the immense amount of shopping centers and housing that is built or being built there. I don't think you will find anything but good luck.

j.n.

j.n.

Dec 31, 2007
phoenix az
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please disregard my last reply to your post concerning your question about Alta, I can only plead senility. I think I need to go back to school so I would know my right hand from my left.

Looking at Dr. Barnes book "Arizona Place Names" the only place that was close would be "Alto" in Santa Cruz County and which was a mining area or mine. the site you indicate would be near Price in Pinal County on the railroad and where the road to box canyon starts.
This area has many old mines and probably a number of mine camps.

If you would have more information on this site I could try to find some reference to it.

j.n.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread