Tip Top mine for sale

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
I have not been up there in years...sorry...my focus was always on gillett...and the stage robberies.

Unfortunately I've never been there. I went there with a friend in his baja bug about 78 or 79. We got about 3 miles from Tip Top and came across a guy coming from there. He told us there was nothing left but a few foundations. So my friend decides to turn around and go home. I said let's keep going we're almost there. Didn't happen, I was bummed! I'm sure there was more there then, then there is now.

It doesn't matter to me if there's nothing there. I still like to go and see where the town was and just wander around. Try and imagine it back then.

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
then try gillett...it is private property..but the old road to rock springs is still there in places...lots of metal in the rocks along that river...
careful in rainy season...flash flood risk extreme.

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
then try gillett...it is private property..but the old road to rock springs is still there in places...lots of metal in the rocks along that river...
careful in rainy season...flash flood risk extreme.

I want to go to both one day. Just need to get to Phx. Little did I know that the few times that I was on Table Mesa rd east of I-17 that Tip Top was the other way.

I don't worry about flash floods. My steps along side the truck inflate into pontoons. I just ride it out. Now all I need is a rudder and a prop that'll run off of the rear end. Which way to Lake Powell? Lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread