C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking for detecting and prospecting partners.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope we get alot of water this winter cause I want to pan and sluice.

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
Arriving Prescott area end of first week of November. Been in Colorado (Cache Creek-Leadville), headed south for the winter. 55 retired fireman. outdoorsman, great cook. Strictly amateur (small backpack sluice and pan), but willing to shovel 70 buckets of dirt a day into a high-banker for a cut (if you got one). Can stay and dig as long as you want. Started out from Houston Texas in March. Rafted down the San Francisco River from Glenwood New Mexico to Safford Arizona prospecting before heading to Colorado in June. Contact me at my e-mail if you need a partner. [email protected] GOOD LUCK.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cherokee_Kidd said:
I'll be moving to Prescott AZ on November 5th . I'll be spending alot of time prospecting and MD'ing . Anyone in the Prescott area?
Hey _kidd. TimC and I are and can work the Prescott area.... Lynx creek mostly. We'll look you up. We are in Yarnell above Stanton, AZ. TTC

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a while since I've been on this site. I've been doing alot of research lately on places that I'll be prospecting.

Bunk

Nov 28, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
ML 4000-ML X70
Cherokee_Kidd said:
It's been a while since I've been on this site. I've been doing alot of research lately on places that I'll be prospecting.
I am in the Prescott area, send me an email. I mostly detect but I will help a brother out with other methods.
Calvin "Bunk" Bunker
[email protected]

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bunk said:
Cherokee_Kidd said:
I am in the Prescott area, send me an email. I mostly detect but I will help a brother out with other methods.
Calvin "Bunk" Bunker
[email protected]
Hey Bunk! Good to see ya! Love the digger I bought from you. Just the ticket. Beefy! Keep up the good work. TTC

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll email you guys as soon as I've picked a good spot for us to find some gold.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about losing track of this thread again. I've been traveling alot and I haven't done much prospecting.

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
Rose Creek

Hey _kidd. TimC and I are and can work the Prescott area.... Lynx creek mostly. We'll look you up. We are in Yarnell above Stanton, AZ. TTC
I saw on your post you've prospected at Lynx Creek. Do you know about Rose Creek ? I was there last summer for about a month. It's a stone's throw from Lynx and if you know EXACTLY where to go, i think it beats Lynx Creek. From the road, walk down the creek towards Faine Park until you're standing under the raised water pipe. You'll notice a small dry feeder creek where many holes have been dug down to bedrock. There will probably be several fellas there working their own spots, but they'll be happy to point you to the ones which are currently abandoned. That'll save you lots of digging. There is some flood gold in the first foot, but it's very fine. That's located in the closest bank to the road. The good stuff is at bedrock. Nuggets and good flakes have been found there. It's hard digging. So i recommend you bring a breaker bar. Next time you're at Lynx you might want to check out Rose Creek. Say hello to Bob and the others for me. Everybody is freindly. I enjoyed my stay there.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw on your post you've prospected at Lynx Creek. Do you know about Rose Creek ? I was there last summer for about a month. It's a stone's throw from Lynx and if you know EXACTLY where to go, i think it beats Lynx Creek. From the road, walk down the creek towards Faine Park until you're standing under the raised water pipe. You'll notice a small dry feeder creek where many holes have been dug down to bedrock. There will probably be several fellas there working their own spots, but they'll be happy to point you to the ones which are currently abandoned. That'll save you lots of digging. There is some flood gold in the first foot, but it's very fine. That's located in the closest bank to the road. The good stuff is at bedrock. Nuggets and good flakes have been found there. It's hard digging. So i recommend you bring a breaker bar. Next time you're at Lynx you might want to check out Rose Creek. Say hello to Bob and the others for me. Everybody is freindly. I enjoyed my stay there.
Catfish, I'll check out Rose Cr. Tnx. Lynx Cr. is listed as the BEST creek in AZ. Rose should also be good too. The areas on the Lynx that TimC and I hunt are just pools later in the year. TimC does good using a shrimp gun. Thanks again for the info. Maybe we'll meet out there. TTC

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I know exactly where catfish is talking about because my brother in law and I have been to that creek alot and did pretty good. We met some nice people there. They told us about a group of guys that got in trouble for digging up the tree roots along the bank.

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
I read Rose Creek is closed until April 2013 for safety precautions and maintenance. Landowner is probably using heavy equipment to drop some of those coyote holes on the first part of the creek. They were getting pretty deep while i was there last year. I don't leave anything dangerous where i'm workin. I am curious though. You guys sound VERY familiar with the area. What is land going for around the Southern Bradshaw range ? If i wanted to buy an eighth of an acre with no road access or water.. about how much would i be lookin at ? I've priced land on mountainsides elsewhere in Arizona and New Mexico, but nothing in gold country.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions