looking for places to go panning in the bradshaw mountains.

silver821

May 29, 2013
glendale az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hello everyone,new to the site and enjoying every part of the site,the stories,pics etc.i had no idea that prospecting was so popular.i'm in my first year of digging and loving the finds and seeing new places and meeting new people.my entire family go out almost every weekend to new places to pan,so far lynx has been the most kind to us.i am looking for some idea's and suggestions in the bradshaw mountains to pan and maybe camp for a weekend.

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
have you driven up senator hwy? the old stagecoach road? two ways from phoenix...one, drive up to lake pleasant...take the road through to castle hot springs...4X4 road...
this will take you to palace station...then through to walker.
or...take the bumble bee turnoff on I-17...go up am meet senator hwy. at crown king...

any drainage along either route will show color...

OP
OP
S

silver821

May 29, 2013
glendale az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
no,but i have been to parts of the san domingo washes with little luck. not to long ago we bought a 4x4 and i have been wanting to break it in,it's too clean!will give a look thank you for the reply

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, you want some Arizona pin striping on that vehicle, just take 'er off-road a little! If you are going up to the Lynx, you are going to a good place. Also, try the Weaver claims around Stanton. If you pay the yearly $50 for the Weaver claims, Tim or I will point to the ground where we guarantee you will find gold. Maybe enough in one day to pay the membership fee! Really! Come on up and try it out! TTC

OP
OP
S

silver821

May 29, 2013
glendale az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
broke in the truck properly!no az pinstriping this time "terry c"!my wife now understands the difference between offroad country and off road 4x4and she will not be coming with off road 4x4.see some beautiful country and brought back some bradshaw gold but still must go to work on monday. terry you caught my interest,i would like some more info please!i will post some pics tonight of my trip

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
broke in the truck properly!no az pinstriping this time "terry c"!my wife now understands the difference between offroad country and off road 4x4and she will not be coming with off road 4x4.see some beautiful country and brought back some bradshaw gold but still must go to work on monday. terry you caught my interest,i would like some more info please!i will post some pics tonight of my trip

Silver, I cannot lend out my RV no more 'cause I live here now... No more CA. But several of us guys around here think the best of Rich Hill (Stanton) AZ. Terry Soloman and others can name the clubs around here. Road Runner, Weaver... and a few others. I have an 80 acre claim nearby and TimC has several. I will say though, the Weaver claims are good.... better than mine, for sure. I have not hit mine hard. The pickins' there are miserable, so far! All the same, I will personally point to where you should dig and you WILL see color. Come on up! TTC

j.n.

Dec 31, 2007
phoenix az
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My partner and I have a placer claim app. 1/4 mile south of San Dimingo wash and we have found some gold. The amount of effort needed to dig the area is just about beond the reserve of energy that two old f---s have so I have not set foot on the claim for 2 plus years.

The whole area has gold in minute quantities but I have seen nice nuggets that the owners claimed to have found in this area. Also this area has a lot of claims staked and is still has semi-actively mines. If anyone wants to check this area I would get a map from BLM showing what belongs, to BLM what belongs to the state, and what is private property. My partner and I have a twenty acre claim and friends of ours has 2 placer claims staked, also some mining clubs have several claims. I am just illustrating that this might look abanded but is still claimed.

The weather is at this time is too hot for much work but is delightful for most of the year. You might want to watch the clouds as I have seen rain storms leaving many of the washes impossible to cross for hours.

j.n.

OP
OP
S

silver821

May 29, 2013
glendale az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
my son and i took a drive to san domingo wash earlier this year and drove as far as i could in a mini van and hit a few washes.from what i saw the place is very active, from what we saw!we brought back a little color,not much from some of the washes.i have a friend from work that his uncle has a claim up there that hasn't been worked in a long time and said i could poke around if i wanted.now that i have a four wheel drive,easier drive now!another weekend trip!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My partner and I have a placer claim app. 1/4 mile south of San Dimingo wash and we have found some gold. The amount of effort needed to dig the area is just about beond the reserve of energy that two old f---s have so I have not set foot on the claim for 2 plus years.

The whole area has gold in minute quantities but I have seen nice nuggets that the owners claimed to have found in this area. Also this area has a lot of claims staked and is still has semi-actively mines. If anyone wants to check this area I would get a map from BLM showing what belongs, to BLM what belongs to the state, and what is private property. My partner and I have a twenty acre claim and friends of ours has 2 placer claims staked, also some mining clubs have several claims. I am just illustrating that this might look abanded but is still claimed.

The weather is at this time is too hot for much work but is delightful for most of the year. You might want to watch the clouds as I have seen rain storms leaving many of the washes impossible to cross for hours.

j.n.
Hey J.N., And others... just to remind those new guys, never EVER set up a campsite in the wash. Thunder storms up the mountain or up-stream are not always easy to see. The water coming down the wash can and WILL come down fast enough (at night) to kill you in the tent. Daytime... you probably will get out of the wash but you may lose equipment and/or valuables before they can be moved.

OP
OP
S

silver821

May 29, 2013
glendale az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
here are a few pics from bradshaw trip with my bradshaw gold,the gold was collected from the washes on side of road!1 five gallon bucket worth. the campsite is Hazlett Hollow Campground, Arizona near horsethief lake.hope the pics show! 998772_682144545144700_758253049_n.jpg 1005954_682145671811254_231104733_n.jpg 1006123_682145828477905_1204107829_n.jpg IMG_20130609_063745_121.jpg IMG_20130609_063825_790.jpg IMG_20130610_163453_258.jpg

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GOOD WORK! Color is color. Go get some more! TTC

OP
OP
S

silver821

May 29, 2013
glendale az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the purpose of the trip was see some country...check, break in the truck....check, some family time...check, scare wife...check and check,just kidding on the wife. secretcanyon you were right on the washes with the gold, thank you!wasn't much but i got something and didn't skunk out!i do have some idea's on where to look next time i go.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the purpose of the trip was see some country...check, break in the truck....check, some family time...check, scare wife...check and check,just kidding on the wife. secretcanyon you were right on the washes with the gold, thank you!wasn't much but i got something and didn't skunk out!i do have some idea's on where to look next time i go.

Silver with all the many times I'v visited the Brads. I have not seen it all Your truck looks great but a Atv is what you need With the truck you see what all the others have seen Mostly the weekend flatlanders from the city.
It's the back roads you need to get to. Goggle the landscape out side of Middleton.
If you really want some info Find the Swastika mine and take that road thru the two medal posts The old ghost town is up there.
If you really feel brave there is a great mine to explore up there all hard rock to wood to worry about.
be careful of the water lines coming out of it they are there to fill the tanks for cattle.
There is a giant bamboo tree covering the entrance. and has a sign of bad air on it
the sign is to keep out the weekenders. If your interested I tell you how to get permission to investigate.
You will need your walking shoes or a ATV.
If your leary about venturing into the Earth keep going on that road till you get to a posted road if you get to the water tanks your too far.
Take a bottle of Jack Daniels and a pack of Cigs. (Bribe) The guy who lives there is named Virgil he is the curator of the Peck Mine.
This guy has been around for ever he is a treasure Trove of info. Have fUN. hAVE A BEER IN CLEATOR but don't let on you've been living on a Shag Carpet your whole life.
There are 3 laws there " Don't ask where the GOLD is, Don't ask to pet a Rattle Snake, and don't SPEED:laughing7:
Have Fun and play safe. My advice stay away on the weekends have seen many side windows smashed on pick ups left unattended on the side of the road. Open carry???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions