Any good places in the White Mountains?

Skunkers

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2007
We just got aTeserro super track. Where can we go in the White Mountains?
We go down to the valley(Phoenix) often. Places in between here and there? Places betwenn Show Low & Tempe??
I'd like to find gold(of course) but any treasures would be fun!! We may like to take our kids w/ us & just all have fun!!!!!!
Any tips, & advice would be most great!!!!

OP
OP
Skunkers

Skunkers

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2007
So......Is there nothing to do up in the mountains....or what???? =)

oldbuzzard

Dec 5, 2007
Lost in Az.
Hey Skunkers,

We left the White Mtns 8 years ago. There is a new prospecting club that just started up there. As far as I know, they're going to Gallop N.M. and to the east Verde North of Payson. Now outside of Snowflake/Taylor, there is some old places but you may have trouble getting to them. They may be on private land now.

Off of Borden Ranch road, there used to be a railroad track they tore up. If you go into Apache County, North of Lyman Lake, there used to be old buildings and mines, but that to may be private land by now. The only other thing I can think of is on old route 66 parallel to I 40. Places where you can get off the hwy, no telling what you might find down there. On the rim, there are alot of old barns and structures, if you can get permission from the owners, they could be good places.

There may be a few places east of Porter Mtn, back up in. But most of that is Natl. Forest. That's about all I can think of. Wish I could be of more help. Good luck.

Stryker_FO

Feb 22, 2008
White Mountain Lakes
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are alot of pre 1900's cabins and homesites around springerville and hanagans meadow. There are also an old settlement at the mouth of the Blue River near alpine. Hope this helps..

I know of a cabin thats pre 1900's that my family lost when the forest service came in around 1905 and made them move thats up near black river.

Stryker_FO

Feb 22, 2008
White Mountain Lakes
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.hannaganmeadow.com/img/history.pdf

there is a little history of areas near you to detect.. its only about 60 miles from showlow.. is thats where you are at..

my family I mentioned is in that article.. so I know there is stuff around the late 1870's untill the turn of the century as well as newer campgrounds maybe you can find something...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions